Skip to main content

How can I remove the access to set the option of ‘Close’ as a status for most users in an Appointment or a Service Order? We would like most users, like data entry or service technicians to be able to set the status of ‘Complete’ but not ‘Close’ - We want to control this option to 1 person that will review the Service Orders/Appointments before billing and closing them. Is there an easy way or do we need to make edits/changes in a customization project?

Thank you in advance!!

Appointment State Diagram

I would just use Access Rights on the Action. The customisation package would remove the action for everyone

Hi @jo70 ,

I don’t use the Appointments screen so I can only speak broadly, but if a Close button needs to be pushed to transition to that status, you can hide/revoke access to that button at the Role level in Access Rights by Screen (SM.20.10.20).  Alternatively, you can go straight to the Access Rights for that screen by clicking Tools > Access Rights in the top right corner:

From there, you’ll need to define access at each level of the document until you get down to the Close button in question.  I’m not a master of this process, but I would set the relevant roles to Delete access at the top level, and subsequent levels, then Revoked once you get to the button.

It’s would highly recommend you experiment in a sandbox environment first, I almost never get it perfect the first try.  Access Rights functionality is very powerful in Acumatica, but it can be tricky to get it right where you want it.  Additional learning resources can be found below:

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=87725d67-0299-44c6-9dff-0302579217b0

Hope that at least gets you rolling in the right direction!

Thank you for the replies. I will research this and test out in Sandbox for the users access of the Close option in the Access Rights screen. Thanks again! I really appreciate it!!