Skip to main content

HI,

I have set up allocation and billing rules based on the attached document to process project billing from field service appointments.

However, when we run billing from the appointments, the system is not marking stock items as billable. As a result, these stock items are not being billed in the AR invoice when we execute the project billing 

I've attached a document on the field service management demo script, which includes the setup process and a detailed transaction process between pages 58 and 95.

Can someone please review and let me know why the stock item is not being marked as billable in the project transaction.

Thanks. 

@pankaj65 - you don’t say what version you are running, but there have been some changes to how PM transactions are created to a project from field service.  The change for stock items was done in 2022R212.  The issue was that the Field Service billing process and the Inventory Issue process were both creating PM transactions related to the project.

The stock item transaction is listed as non-billable from Field Service as the transaction that should be used for project billing is being created from Inventory Issue.  The Inventory Issue transaction will use the Reason Code from the Service Order type, which will have the GL account information and then drive the Account Group for the transaction.
You may need to review the allocation rules from your document with this change. 

Hi @cindywhitner76 

Thanks for your response.

I’m aware that there have been some recent changes in how PM transactions are created for a project from Field Service. I’ve already brought this issue to MYOB’s attention, and they informed me that they’ve identified the same problem in the product.

They’ve escalated it to Acumatica for resolution or to provide a script to address it.

I’ll keep you updated as soon as I hear back from the MYOB team on this matter.

Thanks again.