Question

Mass Activation of Route Service Contracts

• 21 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all.  I’m prepping a new Acumatica installation and running into a problem trying to mass activate route service contracts.  I’ve created an import scenario to import all of the contract data, and that is working fine.

I’ve tried import scenarios using the <Action:Activate> action as well as the “Activate Contract” target object, but no matter how I configure the import scenario, the best result I get is the scenario activating the first contract and then failing on the second with “Activate button is disabled”.  I’ve tried moving the save action before the activate action, and also without the save action with no luck.  It is as if the scenario is not finding the next contract.

I’ve tried using a GI, but the only mass actions available are copy, paste, and save as template.

Using version 2021 R2.

Hoping someone has had better luck or can provide suggestions.

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @DanNixon 

Please send your import scenario XML file. Will check at my end.

Regards,

Hi Vijay

Here is the import scenario.  The scenario works fine with the <Action:Activate> command disabled.  It updates the Description field of all records with no problems.  As soon as I enable the <Action:Activate> command, it will only process a single record and then fail with “Activate button is disabled” on the next record.  If i run the “Import” option again, it will load the record it failed on and then fail on the following record, and so on.

I’ve tried it with the <Action:Save> before the <Action:Activate>, and also with the <Action:Save> disabled.  Those attempts failed as well.

I am running it through “Import by Scenario”. 

Thanks.

Dan

Hi Vijay

One further note on this.  If I run with parallel processing (through “Import by Scenario” or “Process Import Scenarios”), the same issue occurs.  Each thread runs into the same error.  This at least allows me to activate in batches (with batches decreasing in size as the number of records to process diminishes - I am guessing Acumatica decides how many threads to start based on the number of records to process).

I can manage using this process for now.  It takes 10 to 15 minutes or re-importing to process the full 1200 contracts.  I would prefer a solution for future imports, though, as I’ve got some imports of 50,000 or more contracts to do down the road.

Thanks.

Dan

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved