Solved

Invoicing Field Service Appointments at correct Labour rates

• 31 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

A default Labour item on an employee will default onto a Staff Line of an appointment. I don’t think it is used except when projects are involved? Work performed on appointments needs to be charged at labour rates which may be different per employee, but the labour rate does not affect the Unit price. Workaround is to have separate Detail Lines where the default unit price comes only from the non-stock item and hope you assign the right staff member to perform the work. 
I have a GI that can detect detail lines that appear to have the wrong rate and could update the unit price with a business event but just checking if I am missing something? 

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 10 April 2023, 19:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @sangland 
The Labor Item in the log tab is used for cost analysis on the profitability tab. It takes the cost based on the Labor Rates (PM209900) form. The Labor Item is also used when creating the Employee Time Activity based on the Log line. 
If you want to bill this amount to the Customer, then as you indicate, you will need to add the same line on the Details tab. There is no option to associate a non-stock item to an employee so that it is added automatically. When creating an appointment, do you first add the employee and then the service? or the other way around? 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved