Solved

How would I move a NON-STOCK item from one warehouse location to another?

• 28 August 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

I have 3 non-stock items that show to be in one location when there are physically in another. How would I move this in the system? I see transfers but this appears to only be for stock items. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 27 September 2023, 11:57

View original

12 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Non-Stock items don’t have locations and can’t be transferred. We can use them in PO’s, Sales Orders, Invoices. We can post Sales of Stock Items to the GL.  We can’t physically count them or move them around the warehouse in Acumatica.

Acumatica Help

Laura

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response!! We have a RO that is showing a shortage, and it is due to the item being based in the wrong location. We have 5 warehouses within our company, so they transfer them from one to another when the rental tool is needed for a job. Does this help any? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dburns 

As @Laura02 stated, you can not transfer, create receipts or adjustments for Non-Stock items. 

Userlevel 1

I understand but we do rental transfers on these as the non-stock item for us is a rental asset. I know there is a way, just not sure how. I guess I will wait for our admin to return and ask her. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dburns 

Can you share what the Non-Stock settings are?

Userlevel 1

Where would I find that? I am new to this aspect of the system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dburns 

You can pull up the Non-Stock Item to get the settings. What is the Non-Stock Type? Also, is there a default warehouse assigned to the item?

Userlevel 1

@kandybeatty49 O I do know how to get to that. 

Badge +18

Hello,

Could the Item be a Fixed Asset or a piece of Equipment? Or a Tool?  Equipment and Tools can be placed on projects sites or Service Orders.  Fixed Assets can be moved from one location to another.

Laura

Userlevel 1

@Laura02 Yes, it is a rental tool or fixed asset we move from one location to another. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dburns were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Badge +18

Hello,

If your item is a Fixed Asset, location is changed on the General tab of Fixed Assets screen, and the history of where the item was located is recorded to the Locations tab.

Update Tracking Info to move Fixed Assets

Extra info for future readers who want to move Equipment:

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved