Question

How can I update the billing cycle in the service billing tab for a customer via a mass update or an import scenario?

• 26 March 2024
  • 8 replies

I was trying to use the Import Scenario with no luck; I must be missing something.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ramirezdrm 

Please share the XML file on this.

Thanks for your prompt response, Here it goes the Xml.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @ramirezdrm ,

Could you please provide more information about the error you're encountering when importing?

I'm having trouble running the import scenario you have provided because it involves custom GI.

Regards,

Sagar, Greytrix

Hi @Sagar Greytrix,

My apologies for not providing the Data Provider and the Generic Inquiry earlier. Here they are. Regarding the error, there isn’t one; it’s just that the billing cycle ID is not updating to ‘AP SO’ for all the service order types in the service billing tab per customer.

Data provider file starting with “GO-DP”
Generic Inquiry file starting with “GO-GI”

Badge +18

Hello,

Has the new Billing cycle and Order type been added to the customer classes? What is your version of Acumatica?

Thank you.

Laura

Acumatica version 2022 R2: No billing cycles have been added to the customer class.

Badge +18

Hi,

I don’t have 2022 available for testing.  I’m trying to remember: it seems like in some older versions the Billing Cycle and/or Order types needed to be on the Customer Classes prior to adding them to customers.

To rule out my idea: Are you able to Manually update the Customer’s Order Type and Billing Cycle without adding these fields to the Customer Class?  

Thanks.

Laura

Yes, the system allows adding at the customer level without including these fields in the customer class.

Whatever version you are using right now, do you have an example of how to solve this using an Import Scenario?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved