Solved

Default Warehouse

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have over 30 service techs and they all drive a van that is stocked with parts they may need. Is there a way to set a default so when they use one of those parts it auto populates to there warehouse(VAN) when posting it to their appointment?

icon

Best answer by eshahid78 17 May 2021, 22:18

View original

4 replies

Look into creating a branch location for each service tech. The branch location can have a default WH. I am not sure if the default WH does populate on the serv order/appointment based on branch location. It looks like it should but I haven’t tested. 

Let me know if you can make the WH default from branch loc.

I tested this out and I think it works…

On the stock item, do not have a default Warehouse (this supersedes everything else. I don’t know if this would work for your dist side of business)

Create 1 branch location per 1 service tech. Assign default WH on branch location. 

When you enter a new Service Order, system will take the WH value from the branch location used on the Service Order. 

To optimize this further, define the default branch location for each field tech under “User Profile”, so they don’t have to select this for each Service Order. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@eshahid78 @CAMORRISON 
hello, I have fulfilled a similar requirement that I have customized a default warehouse field on user profile. And then when User enter a SO or PO, the default warehouse would be filled in the soline or poline.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a follow up question on this configuration.

At the time of the initial service order entry, the technician is unknown so the user enters all requests under one branch location (main warehouse). When the appointment is scheduled, the tech is assigned. However, the branch location from the service order is copied to the appointment. Is there a way to have the system override the branch location in the appointment based on the service tech’s default branch location?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved