Solved

Cost from Appointments

• 11 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve added non-inventory items to a service order appointment. How/when are these costs posted to the GL? I see how time is posted and I can bill these transactions in AR, but I don’t see the cost impact to the GL.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 5 February 2024, 15:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Jeb, I am assuming you figured this one out, but you can navigate to “Issues” and release the issue associated with your Appointment, then take a look at the Journal Transactions from there.

Badge +18

Hello,

The cost of Not-Inventory items is recorded to the GL when the non-stock items are purchased, not when they are sold. Non-stock items never post to the Inventory Asset account and there is no transaction that credits the Inventory Asset and Debits COGS when these items are sold, because non-stock items are already expensed at time of purchase (whether recording the purchase of non-stock items with a PO or directly on a bill).

From Acumatica Help, PO screen:

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved