Solved

Cost from Appointments

• 11 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve added non-inventory items to a service order appointment. How/when are these costs posted to the GL? I see how time is posted and I can bill these transactions in AR, but I don’t see the cost impact to the GL.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 5 February 2024, 15:13

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

The cost of Not-Inventory items is recorded to the GL when the non-stock items are purchased, not when they are sold. Non-stock items never post to the Inventory Asset account and there is no transaction that credits the Inventory Asset and Debits COGS when these items are sold, because non-stock items are already expensed at time of purchase (whether recording the purchase of non-stock items with a PO or directly on a bill).

From Acumatica Help, PO screen:

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Jeb, I am assuming you figured this one out, but you can navigate to “Issues” and release the issue associated with your Appointment, then take a look at the Journal Transactions from there.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved