Solved

Capture mileage travelled as an expense posting to projects

• 17 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We need to capture the mileage travel on an appointment as an expense to the Service orders.  Our customer does not want to create a expense claim for the mileage but want to be able to capture the distance as an expense on the appointment.

The only methods visible to capture an expense on Appointments is with Expense claim/Vendor bill/employee time card

Will this be possible ? Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 18 October 2023, 12:58

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Could you capture Mileage as a Non-Stock Item or Service Item on the Details tab of the Service Orders?

Laura

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Laura Thank you for the response. A Service will be charged to the customer, we need the expense, they will not invoice the customer for the expense it is to understand cost for project

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @rethavanalphen11 

I had a similar requirement where shipping needed to be added on the project budget but not invoiced to the customer and there has not been a way that I could find to do so. We had to create a customization for this. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

HI @rethavanalphen11 

I had a similar requirement where shipping needed to be added on the project budget but not invoiced to the customer and there has not been a way that I could find to do so. We had to create a customization for this. 

Hey @Kandy Beatty , can you put some light on this? What were the elements that you’d customized?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved