Solved

Can I update user-defined fields in sales order when sales order is shipping

• 7 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I want to update an udf in sales order when this sales order is in shipping status. I tried the web service endpoint, and I find I can’t update any fields when the sales order is in shipping status. Anyone has some idea?

icon

Best answer by Irina 11 May 2021, 15:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @DennyYang14,

If a Sales Order is in Shipping status then the entire document will go to the read-only mode, hence we cannot update any values in the Sales Order screen through cache updates.

You can enable required fields in Automation steps and also coding level, then you can update these fields through cache updates. THIS WE NEED TO CHECK FOR USER DEFINED FIELDS.

I have done a similar kind of functionality for the customized fields but NOT with the user-defined fields, i.e. When Sales Order is in completed status, we need to allow the user to select a few fields and perform a specific task with an action to update other fields. For this functionality, I have enabled fields in Automation steps and enabled in coding level then I can able to update the fields through the cache updates.

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Naveen B 
Hi Captain, as I checked, I can not find the UDF in automation steps.
Is there any other way to enable it?
I also post a similar question here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @DennyYang14 ,

Please find the answer in the question mentioned by @ray20

For the versions, supporting Workflow or Automation steps, refer to the 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved