Solved

Business Event to Notify of Appointment Assignment

• 22 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We want employees to receive an email notification when an appointment has been assigned to them. If it simplifies things, I believe we can send all such emails to the same fixed email address, and then have MS Exchange/Outlook forward the messages to the correct employee. I’ve set up a Business Event to send an email when the appointment record changes, but it never sends the email, not even to a hard-coded fixed email address. Similar functionality seems to work okay when the Appointments screen header info changes, but the Staff is assigned on a tab on the page. Is the problem the fact that it’s a tab? Please help!

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 8 October 2020, 16:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@davidpoole21,

As long as you get the tab information to display on the generic Inquiry that is running the business event it should trigger. 

Looks like you will need the FSAppointmentEmployee DAC to get that information.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Do you use a shared filter to get the list of appointments?  I have heard there is a known issue using shared filters that use custom fields.  I had a similar issue and ended up creating a new inquiry and used a condition on the inquiry instead of a shared filter and that worked.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@RyanBrownXBYTE,

When it comes to Business Events I like to keep things simple.

It is recommended to create a Generic Inquiry to power the Business Event and not be viewed by users.

This way the Business Event will not be affected if users inadvertently change the inquiry not knowing that it is used for other processes. 

Also this eliminates the need to use a shared filter and keeping the inquiry less complex.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would also check your GI against the knowledgebase article:

https://community.acumatica.com/maintenance-and-troubleshooting-15/troubleshooting-business-events-244

Sometimes the event not firing can be a single field or expression used on the results, so you may need to peel back the GI a few layers by deactivating expressions or calculated/unbound fields to see if you can establish a baseline of the event working, then restore the layers until you can identify where the issue stems from.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved