Solved

Who actually updated the record? Audit History has multiple answers.

• 21 December 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Running version Build 21.115.0017.

I looked at vendor which indicated that I was the last one to make the change via the Audit History… screen menu option.

My co-worker logged on and looked at the same vendor and looked at the Audit History and it showed that they made the last change at the same time.

Then we looked at the same customer record with the same results. His view of Audit History showed that he made the last change and my view of Audit History showed that I made the last change.

Has anyone else seen this?

(note that the user timezone has not been set so the difference in the times are due to timezones)

icon

Best answer by jamesh 25 April 2022, 17:57

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ddunn  You have not enabled the Field Level Audit for the Customers screen.

You can enable the Audit History for Customers screen in the Audit screen. Please find the screenshots for reference.

Once you enabled the Audit History for the Customers screen, you can see the detailed info on the Audit History screen like below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Naveen B 

Can you logon as another user and check the audit history for the same record to ensure its reflecting ‘admin’ as last modified user name. 

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @vkumar  Yes, it is reflecting admin :hushed:

I have performed below steps.

• Create a new User i.e. Naveen
  • Logged in with admin user
  • Users → Selected Naveen user → Log on as User 
  • Modified the Customer record
  • In the Audit History screen, getting admin name as User

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks @Naveen B

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Naveen B  and @vkumar  - thanks for your comments!

I don’t think that this is an issue with not having turned on the Audit History. 

We found this while my co-worker and I were on the phone reviewing the same record. I looked at the audit history expecting to see that an API based user had updated the record.

My co-worker expressed surprise that his user ID was listed next to Last Modified By.

When I looked at the same record it showed that my user ID was listed next to Last Modified By.

Same record, no changes. Very puzzling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ddunn  This is strange!

Can you please confirm is there customization developed for Customers screen?  If yes, have you tried above scenario without the customization?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Naveen B 

We experienced  this behavior in one of our client instance (Acumatica version 20.208.0031, Customer screen). If we login with User, showing the last modified by with the logged in user name. 

But unfortunately not able to identify the exact root cause.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jinin Oh okay :scream:  Did we raise a ticket with support team on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No @Naveen B.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I’m having this same issue on 2021R2, Build 21.210.0030 but on the Customer Screen AR303000.  @Naveen Boga 

I have field level audit enabled and it shows the audit history for the fields appropriately from what I can tell.  However the “Last Modified By:” field shows only the user that’s currently logged in that’s attempting to view the history.  Please see attachments.  This is for the same customer, but viewing from two separate accounts.  The “Last Modified On:” data remains the same.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Running version Build 21.115.0017.

I looked at vendor which indicated that I was the last one to make the change via the Audit History… screen menu option.

My co-worker logged on and looked at the same vendor and looked at the Audit History and it showed that they made the last change at the same time.

Then we looked at the same customer record with the same results. His view of Audit History showed that he made the last change and my view of Audit History showed that I made the last change.

Has anyone else seen this?

(note that the user timezone has not been set so the difference in the times are due to timezones)

@ddunn 

I’ve had the same issue and have gone back and forth with support about this.  Unfortunately they don’t seem to think this is a large enough issue to address with version 2021R1-2, however they’ve resolved it for 2022R1.  The “Last Modified” header will show the current user, however the detail lines will show the accurate information if you have Field Level Audit enabled.  

Support is under the impression that this isn’t an issue for users that don’t have field level audit enabled.  Which is true on other screens within the system, and even in the same module.  However, this screen in particular has this bug.  I’m hoping my persistence will pay off in the long run and they’ll listen long enough to escalate the issue and get it resolved on the next minor build.  

If you enable field level audit for this screen, you can see the detail of who last modified the records on the detailed line items.  This is only a workaround until they fix the bug.  I hope this helps…

James Harris

ERP Business Manager

LiveView Technologies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jamesh - thank you for your feedback and update on this. I totally understand how there are “bigger fish to fry”. I’ve had to work hard at getting past the first round of support to convince them of an issue’s importance (or that it is a bug at all).

My challenge with this issue is that it is showing factually incorrect information. It is just plain wrong. And if something went very wrong in the business and you’re trying to figure out who changed a record - that screen is pointing the finger at the wrong person.

But, in the grand scheme - this is likely an anchovy and not a big fat tuna. 😁

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @jamesh - thank you for your feedback and update on this. I totally understand how there are “bigger fish to fry”. I’ve had to work hard at getting past the first round of support to convince them of an issue’s importance (or that it is a bug at all).

My challenge with this issue is that it is showing factually incorrect information. It is just plain wrong. And if something went very wrong in the business and you’re trying to figure out who changed a record - that screen is pointing the finger at the wrong person.

But, in the grand scheme - this is likely an anchovy and not a big fat tuna. 😁

100% agree with you.  You’re preaching to the choir so-to-speak!  haha…  I disagree that this isn’t a big enough issue and have expressed that to L2 Support, and through our partner.  But good news!  It looks as if my persistence has paid off, and support is escalating this to review with the development team to add this to prior builds as well. 

From Support:

“I reviewed the information from the customer with my immediate manager and we decided that it could be in the best interest to try to push development to re-consider adding this in prior builds.

I can't be certain that it will be fixed, but with this recommendation of hardship from the customer it could be enough to get the necessary change.”

Hopefully this tuna gets canned soon! 🤣

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved