Solved

Where can I find the documentation describing “released doc can not be deleted anymore”?

• 16 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello All,

According my using experience, all documents in Acumatica after releasing can NOT be deleted anymore. Is this right?
     But as I searched all help document , I did not find any words that describing this clearly?  Can anyone show me where I can find the written words. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 17 January 2022, 05:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @ray20  Hope you are doing well.  Please find the details and hope that helps!

Yes, In the Acumatica system, once we RELEASE the document, we can DELETE it, but if required we can reverse the document to correct the documents.

Here is the example in the case of Invoices.

• Assume there is an Invoice document and RELEASED, and the status of the document is changed to OPEN, and we can not delete those documents.
  • But we have an option to REVERSE the RELEASED document.

Here is the link that will provide you the more details - https://help-2021r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1da8f906-8674-4a1a-b6a1-b92d573e60e8

Flow Diagram for correcting Invoices

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Naveen B 
Hello, thank you for your help . Yes, I know this steps.
What I am looking for is literally written down “A released document, invoice for an example can not be deleted anymore”. something like this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ray20  Have you seen this error on any screen?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20  Have you seen this error on any screen?

@Naveen B , No, probably I saw this before, but I can not remember.
The reason I am asking for the written down words is because during year end audit, we have some invoice nbr missing. I am explaining it is probably be deleted at balanced status. but someone looking for more solid evidence that this invoice is not be deleted at open or closed status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ray20 

With reference to your original question, you can find the information on specific modules help documentation. Here is an extract from Accounts Payable module :

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=9559dcd7-f430-4cc2-bcfd-0e9217cf9df1

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@vkumar 
Thank you. Yes, I saw it in AP doc, while in AR doc it is NOT written in this same way. 
And since this is a system wide restriction, can this explanation be added to a “quick start” help doc?  To give the user a general/overall idea of how Acumatica operates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ray20 

Noted, will pass that information on to our documentation team. 

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved