Using Business Events/Notifications to send emails to all members of a workgroup on the company tree

• 30 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

We have a need to be able to assign workgroups to Tasks  (which of course Acumatica supports). We need to be able to send email notifications to all members of the workgroup that have been assigned to the task.

Does anyone have any ideas on the strategy using Business Events/Notifications? I have tried with a generic inquiry to create a record in the GI for each member of the group - but the Notification never gets triggered.

Thanks

Bob

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have the exact same problem.  There were a couple entities to chose from with Workgroup, but they don’t really make sense:

• ((CRActivity_workgroupID!CreatedByID!Email))
  • ((CRActivity_workgroupID!LastModifiedByID!Email))

Of course neither added any email addresses to my notifications.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

It would be nice if there was a way to just send notifications. I was recently looking at a scenario to try and launch a company wide SMS. A notification option would be a good idea, even if it is not triggered by a business event. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jeremyd45 you might want to create an Idea for this if one doesn’t already exist. Thanks!

Good morning

Can anyone confirm how one can accomplish sending emails to all members of a Workgroup?  For Approval for example

Thanks,
Wanda

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @wandavdmerwe20 - as this is a pretty old post you may want to post a new question for this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Good morning

Can anyone confirm how one can accomplish sending emails to all members of a Workgroup?  For Approval for example

Thanks,
Wanda

Not sure if it has been rolled out but here you can vote for it to be in a future release:

https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/business-event-notification-emails-to-workgroup-members-7769

Userlevel 3
Badge

@wandavdmerwe20 ,

I have been finally able to achieve the results for sending out the email notification to all the members of the workgroup. This will be achieved in two steps:

1. Creating a GI which will list down all the members of the workgroup(with email address)

1. From this GI, the system will trigger a business event to send out email notification all the members listed (who has their email address in the employee table)

Attaching the GI XML file and the business event. I hope this helps everyone.

Shilpi

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lbeattie38 : Here are the XML files.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved