Question

User Defined Fields (UDF) vrs Attributes... how will the future look?

• 18 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

In the past month we have gone through a "phase 2" implementation of MYOB Advanced (Acumatica) that has seen a massive increase in the use of Attributes on Projects, Sales Orders, Business Accounts, Inventory as well as a big uptick in the number of business events, notifications (incl push notifications), GIs and reports that all reference these UDFs / attributes. 

I am worried when I hear from our implementation partner that "attributes are going to be replaced by UDFs" 

How wise am I to continue to add attributes? (which have transformed the product to make it fit our business uniquenesses like a glove) 

Is there anything you know about this @Naveen B or @Tim Rodman that could be of benefit to the wider Acumatica family to know?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

The last thing I want is for all the attributes to need to be rewritten and all the GIs, reports, events, notifications to have to be redone... Or even worse, for us to get parked in the "too hard to upgrade" cul-de-sac with any future updates to the core platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @DanielStarke did you ever get more information on this? Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Chris Hackett no - no answers

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved