Solved

Tax Zone not editable for "Prospect" Business Accounts

• 8 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

In some past release the ability to edit the Tax Zone on Business Accounts was apparently disabled.  My “forever a prospect, never a customer” Business Accounts have the proper Tax Zone set (but now not editable) while new prospects stuck without Tax Zone.  When creating the Opportunities for these extra care must be taken to set the Tax Zone there.  As this is normally populated automatically, it is often missed.  Quote (in our case Project Quote) generated before the missing taxes becomes evident.

Was the Tax Zone disabled by design?  ...and for what reason?

If not, is there an easy fix?

icon

Best answer by Julia Lukina 13 December 2022, 13:36

View original

7 replies

Badge +1

Hello @brianmcmillin100 . Have you already tried to select Tax Zone on the Purchase Settings tab of the main Location of the prospect?

The screenshot of 21.207. If it’s not work for you - please let me know the build you use,

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the quick response @Julia Lukina !

I just reconfirmed that I had tried to set the Tax Zone in the Location screen.  In your screenshot it appears the Business Account is also a Vendor?  The Business Accounts giving me trouble are “Pre-Customer” accounts stored only as Business Accounts and not Customer and/or Vendor.  I get the CR303010 screen for Locations which does not have the Purchase Settings tab and does have the Tax Zone enabled on the Shipping tab.

We are on 2021 R2 Build 21.212.0039

Badge +1

@brianmcmillin100 , thank you for pointing this. I’ve double checked - unfortunately there are restrictions for this in the system, but we plan to review these restrictions.

Hi Julia

I have a customer with the same problem.  They can only edit the Tax Zone if they convert the Business Account to a customer, but they do not necessarily want to do this at Quote stage.  Is this part of the  2021.217.300 version?  Before the upgrade they could have the Tax Zone edited.

Badge +1

Hello @Wilnap, no this is not part of 21.217. It was implemented earlier and this is in all current builds. The idea was that the salespeople might not be aware of what the correct tax zone should be.

However we are working on removing this restriction in future. 

Hi @Julia Lukina 

Thank you for this helpful information.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all, we would like to track how many customers can benefit from this change, please vote for the respective product idea here

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved