Solved

Restrictions based on a stock item attribute

• 23 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I’m fairly certain that this will require a customization, but I wanted to run it past brighter people than myself to confirm.

We want to limit the STOCK ITEMS a customer can see and order in the self service customer portal.  I am aware we can set up restiction groups, but they are based on actually adding individual USER IDs to the restrictions group.  

We want to be able to establish these restrictions on a number of attributes in the CUSTOMER.

Fake examples of attributes in the customer record:

Certified?

Insured?

Trustworthy?

There will be about 10 attributes on the CUSTOMER, and they may have multiple attributes checked as “yes”.

The standard restriction group requires that you enter users here rather than being able to read an attribute on the customer record.

Is there a way to do this without a customization?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 23 March 2023, 18:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ltussing03 

First of all, you are brilliant, so don’t sell yourself so short on the rest of us being smarter! 😁

Second, Yes, that would require a customization because the system only cares about the item, class and what users you are allowing to see. Nothing else. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ltussing03 

I looked at something similar to this for another client.  It would require a customization.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks for the confirmation from you both!

Kandy told me I was brilliant.  How can I not make that as the best answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks for the confirmation from you both!

Kandy told me I was brilliant.  How can I not make that as the best answer!

I only tell the truth!! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved