Solved

Purchase Order owner

Userlevel 4
Badge

Good day!

May I know which screen does system pick for the Purchase Order owner? Is it from Companies Tree?

icon

Best answer by YasasWithanage76 4 April 2023, 12:37

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @chenwm 

Purchase order owner

Owner The user name of the employee who is responsible for the purchase order.

Owner will be filled in PO form based on the Login user or user can update manually, other wise system will automatically filled in PO form.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 

I have created the user id and tagged with the employee profile but somehow unable to select the PO owner in the PO screen. It remains as blank in the owner selection. Any settings that I might have missed out? Thank you in advance.

Badge +18

Hello,

I see the user is in two custom roles. What happens to the PO Owner field when you add Mr. ABC temporarily  to standard roles 1) Internal User and 2) administrator?

I did a quick test and the PO Owner in my demo was blank until I connected an Employee ID to the User. I see above, you have connected the User to an Employee entity. Was Purchase Orders open on a different tab while you connected the User to the Employee?  If so, maybe Refresh screen F5 is needed on the PO tab.

Otherwise let us know if adding roles helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @chenwm ,

Please add the Internal Employee user role and add this employee to the company tree (workgroup).

Then check.

Before 

After

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi guys, thanks for the workaround. Let me try it out. I shall update the outcome here soon.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @manikantad18 @YasasWithanage76 @Laura02 I managed to solve it. Appreciated it. Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Everyone, 

Just revisiting the solution and tested in Acumatica 2023R1

In order to see the employee on the Owner of the “Purchase Orders” screen, the user should be associated to an employee account.

In my case, the “Internal User” role is not necessary and the employee is not added on the Company Tree

Thanks

I’ve recently run into this same issue of not being able to select other people for the Owner field on Purchase Orders. It always defaults to the person who is logged in and you cannot search to change the owner. We are on 2023R1 and we do not have row-level security feature enabled, we do have some customizations but I unpublished them and still was not able search/select another owner. I did find that if I add a user to a Workgroup in the Company Tree then they can see other users who are in the workgroup or node I add them to. I’ve tested with a user with Administrator access and it is the same for them. They are in the Internal User role and are setup as an employee. Is there another way for a user to be able to select a new owner for a PO other than having to be a member of the workgroups/nodes?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Need same, the above solution does not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dpruckus Please check associating an Employee to the logged in user.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @dpruckus Please check associating an Employee to the logged in user.

This example is not clear. The main thing is to set users (employees) under the same workgroup for this to work.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Everyone, 

Just revisiting the solution and tested in Acumatica 2023R1

In order to see the employee on the Owner of the “Purchase Orders” screen, the user should be associated to an employee account.

In my case, the “Internal User” role is not necessary and the employee is not added on the Company Tree

Thanks

Hi @ChandraM , thanks for mentioning this, it resolved the issue for me.

For anyone wanting to replicate this for themselves, I have outlined the steps I took below:

1. Create a new user, or you can use an existing one if you prefer.
  2. Create a new test employee, or use an existing one if you prefer.
  3. In the Users screen, I opened up my test user record, assigned the test employee as a linked entity, and then cleared the User Type field. In the roles tab, I unticked any Internal User, Internal Employee and Employee roles.
  4. I then provided the Administrator role to this user as a test, but you can apply any roles that provide access to the Purchase Orders screen.
  5. Save your changes, log in as your test user, open a new Purchase Order, and you should see the Owner field filled in automatically with the associated employee.

Kind regards,

Andrew

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved