Solved

Power Automate Opening Excel to use Velixo writeback for timecards

• 17 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello.  We have a biometric clock for finger prints on sites (construction edition) that captures workers time in/out.  Another function pulls the logs of the timeclock to our local network and an excel file opens and the Velixo writeback function either updates or adds (if doesn’t exist) an employee time card.

Everything works fine, but we want to automate this and when Power Automate opens the excel file, the Acumatica from Velixo is no longer there.

I’m guessing it’s because an automation routine is loading excel and not seeing myself as the user so Velixo isn’t installed.

Anyone have experience with this or a work around?

icon

Best answer by abrunner78 24 April 2023, 15:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

This works running manually on your computer and if you run it manually on the file?

If so, I would agree with your guess that it has to do with Power Automate.

I would start by looking at what user Power Automate is opening Excel under. If that account doesn’t have Velixo, you’ll need to get it installed for them and verify the Acumatica credentials. A simple way to check could be looking at who modified the document last. 

Another thought would be to connect the file to Acumatica as a Data Provider and run the File Synchronization on a schedule, which would cut Power Automate and Velixo out of the equation. My company is doing this with an Import Scenario to sync our 3PL with Acumatica,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @abrunner78 .. I had considered that, we were doing non-stock item purchase orders this way.

I’m testing with using task scheduler on a batch file using psexec.exe which I didn’t realize was still working.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/pstools

This allows you to open excel as a particular user; then have the excel autorun the subroutine, save and close itself.

@echo off
psexec \\<<computer>> -u <<domain>>\<<user>> -p <<userpassword>> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\excel.exe" <<location to file & filename>>.xlsm

I still have to test if it works while the computer is locked.

Userlevel 3
Badge

That looks like a pretty cool tool. I’ll definitely be keeping it in mind for some other automation and integrations we are working on. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

That looks like a pretty cool tool. I’ll definitely be keeping it in mind for some other automation and integrations we are working on. 

We’re going with the file sync and import schedules.  Thanks for your help!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved