Solved

Limit One PO Receipt Per PO

• 22 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Team - we’re trying to limit the ability of our PM team to enter multiple PO Receipts per PO.  I’m wondering what the best way of going about this is.  Essentially, if there is already a PO Receipt received for a specific PO, I want it to be very difficult to receive another one.  This appears to be an issue for newer trainees and correcting it in the system is a bit of a hassle.  

I tried to create an approval map for Purchase Orders but I’m confused as to where the map is being applied - it isn’t triggering any approval and I’ve added the map to PO preferences.

I’m not married to an approval map - if there’s a preference that can limit one PO Receipt to a PO then that would work, too.  Also, the PM is doing the PO entry and receipt, so limiting their access here wouldn’t make a ton of sense.  Open to any suggestions, right now we’re just telling the team to check if there’s a PO receipt in the PO history tab.  

icon

Best answer by Aschneid 23 November 2022, 15:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @nickcerriIV 

An Approval Map will not solve what you are looking for. This will still allow users to add more receipts.

The only way other than a customization would be to Hold Receipts on Entry and require an approval that way. 

Badge +18

Hello,

I agree with KBeatty, insofar as there is no Approval Map available for PO Receipts screen (I looked in 2022 R1).

I wonder if a generic inquiry with business event Notifications could  help you.

You might create a Generic Inquiry that lists PO Reciepts grouped by PO Number with a Count field  on PO Number.  If/When the Count is > 1 then a notification could send to a manager suggesting multiple PO Receipts have been entered against the same PO.

Userlevel 2

@nickcerriIV the solution here is surprisingly simple. The non-stock item must be set to “close PO line by quantity”, this will automatically change the status of the PO to “completed” once the receipt has been released and no further receipts can be made. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@nickcerriIV the solution here is surprisingly simple. The non-stock item must be set to “close PO line by quantity”, this will automatically change the status of the PO to “completed” once the receipt has been released and no further receipts can be made. 

This is a good option but not for Stock Items, this is not available. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@kbeatty21, @laura01 , @Aschneid - I appreciate everyone’s input here.  I tried the “Close PO line by quantity” method and this works perfectly since this process only applies to non-stock items.  

Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved