Solved

Issue Creating Project Quote

• 12 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello All,
I am currently facing an issue while creating a project quote. Yday when i was creating the same quote it didnt trigger any error. But now when I am recreating it, shows the below error:

The quote that I had created yday:

While I am testing the same in the demo instance, Acumatica does allow me to do the same without any errors.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 12 September 2023, 14:49

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Harshita ,

Where did you check, so far, to determine whether your warehouses have been deactivated?

We can’t see the Warehouse ID used in either screenshot above. Please expose the fields. It will help to know what warehouse you are trying to use in each circumstance and to see the Inventory Warehouses screen with status of the warehouse and locations shown.

Did you ask coworkers or check Warehouses screen to see what warehouses/locations have been inactivated or deleted?

Are we seeing all lines of the quote that throws an error, or only a sample? If there are lines with inventory ID’s on them, please check that default warehouse on all the items is an active warehouse/location.

Customers and Users may also have default warehouses assigned to them.  Please check that any warehouse assigned to the customer in the customer profile screen, shipping tab, or to the user in the User’s profile.

Is there any more helpful information in Tools → Trace?

In what screen are you creating the quote?  From an Opportunity? Directly in the Project Quote screen?  It will be easier to help you if we can see identifying screen information in every screen shot.

Thank you

Laura 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Harshita ,

Where did you check, so far, to determine whether your warehouses have been deactivated?

We can’t see the Warehouse ID used in either screenshot above. Please expose the fields. It will help to know what warehouse you are trying to use in each circumstance and to see the Inventory Warehouses screen with status of the warehouse and locations shown.

Did you ask coworkers or check Warehouses screen to see what warehouses/locations have been inactivated or deleted?

Are we seeing all lines of the quote that throws an error, or only a sample? If there are lines with inventory ID’s on them, please check that default warehouse on all the items is an active warehouse/location.

Customers and Users may also have default warehouses assigned to them.  Please check that any warehouse assigned to the customer in the customer profile screen, shipping tab, or to the user in the User’s profile.

Is there any more helpful information in Tools → Trace?

In what screen are you creating the quote?  From an Opportunity? Directly in the Project Quote screen?  It will be easier to help you if we can see identifying screen information in every screen shot.

Thank you

Laura 

Hello @Laura02 ,
We haven’t been using any warehouses at the moment for any trxns. Nor any Inventory IDs. I have been creating the quote directly from Project Quote screen. As in the above screenshot (the 2nd one) yday I had created a quote with the same procedure, but it didn’t trigger any error. IDK why it is now triggering error today.

The trace:

Also, in addition the account thru which I have been trying to create has the the admin access.

Badge +18

Hi,

It seems like, possibly, warehouses were turned on yesterday and they are off today. Have there been recent changes to PO, Inventory, or Multiple Warehouse features since yesterday?

I looked at Sales Demo tenant and the Project Quote screen not only has no Warehouse field on the Estimation tab, it also has no “Mark for PO” field.

I think it will be worthwhile to open your demo and your ‘problem tenant’ side by side and compare the Enable/Disable features screen, compare the Customer settings for the two quotes, the Projects Preference settings, Inventory settings, etc. Try to eliminate differences.

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi,

It seems like, possibly, warehouses were turned on yesterday and they are off today. Have there been recent changes to PO, Inventory, or Multiple Warehouse features since yesterday?

I looked at Sales Demo tenant and the Project Quote screen not only has no Warehouse field on the Estimation tab, it also has no “Mark for PO” field.

I think it will be worthwhile to open your demo and your ‘problem tenant’ side by side and compare the Enable/Disable features screen, compare the Customer settings for the two quotes, the Projects Preference settings, Inventory settings, etc. Try to eliminate differences.

Laura

Hey @Laura02 , thank you very much. Just checked the Inventory feature was enabled due to which the error was getting triggered. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved