Solved

How to TRUELY mass delete records?

Userlevel 1
Badge

How to delete all stock item/non stock item records?

I have uploaded 300k records and I would like to start fresh again. So far I have found nothing to mass delete that amount of records in one go, the closest is https://nexvue.com/acumatica-tips-tricks-how-to-enable-mass-delete-records/ that I can only select all records on a paged result, but I need something like “select all” option that beyond the first page, like in Gmail.

Happy to do it via API if it’s possible, but an UI would be better.

Cheers

James

icon

Best answer by Laura02 13 October 2022, 11:40

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

You can set up an Import Scenario to delete records.

Badge +18

Hello, here is an example of an import scenario to delete non-stock. Sorry, I don’t have one for stock items handy, but this is quite similar.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can set up an Import Scenario to delete records.

Thanks can you please elaborate a bit further? The import and delete seem contradicting each other.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, here is an example of an import scenario to delete non-stock. Sorry, I don’t have one for stock items handy, but this is quite similar.

Thanks, I can’t seem to find “Non Stock” in Provider, what am I missing?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I presume I need to define the provider? What type should I choose?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I presume I need to define the provider? What type should I choose?

Also, this import scenario seems I need to provide a list of IDs?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

You can make a provider out of the stock item GI

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can make a provider out of the stock item GI

How do I convert a GI into a provider please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @jamesl 

here are some screen shots that should help you create the provider:

Select Active and then Fill Schema Fields

Badge +18

Hello,

This morning I created a Data Provider and Import Scenario for you, to delete Stock Items.

You will need to import the attached XML in the Import Scenario, remove my file from the related Data Provider, and attach your own Excel file to the Data Provider.  Your Excel needs only one column labeled Inventory ID,  containing your list of 300,000 items to be deleted.

YouTube and Acumatica Open University have videos you can watch to learn about using import scenarios, if you are new.  Good luck!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

This morning I created a Data Provider and Import Scenario for you, to delete Stock Items.

You will need to import the attached XML in the Import Scenario, remove my file from the related Data Provider, and attach your own Excel file to the Data Provider.  Your Excel needs only one column labeled Inventory ID,  containing your list of 300,000 items to be deleted.

YouTube and Acumatica Open University have videos you can watch to learn about using import scenarios, if you are new.  Good luck!

ok thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @jamesl 

here are some screen shots that should help you create the provider:

Select Active and then Fill Schema Fields

thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved