Solved

GL ERROR: Cash Account doesn't exist for this branch - Fixed Assets Disposals

• 30 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I have this GL Error showing up when I am disposing an asset owned by CEMPLEXFL branch but wanting to deposit into my MAIN branch CASH account - that is NOT restricted by branch visibility.  It will not let me reconcile my Fixed Asset.  I am thinking the FA module is not set up correctly with the multibranch ?  Can anyone advise?  THanks

icon

Best answer by AmaanFazeer11 25 May 2023, 15:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mmorvay 

Looks like the Sub account selected on Cash account setup screen is different. Can you please check that ? Acumatica wont allow using any sub account other than the one set on Cash account profile for Cash accounts. 

Regards,

I double checked and we use D-Default for all of our Cash Accounts and in the screenshot above - the D is selected for 1006 as well….  

Little more info:

My fixed asset is owned by my FL branch and they all share the BH Group Undeposited Funds cash account (that account does not have checkmark in restrict branch visibility) but I am almost positive that this interbranch is the reason for my error….  

ON the AR side - we have absolutely no problems with FL branch receiving funds to this same CASH account 1006-D - so i thought it was in my FA preferences maybe? but cant find anything there….

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mmorvay were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @mmorvay,

Can you check if the Branch to which this FA is associated to ( Fixed Assets → General Tab)  and the Branch to which the Cash Account (specified to account for the proceeds) is associated are different.

If they are different it indicates the cause of the error you are receiving.

They are different - however the Cash Account is NOT checked for the visibility restriction by branch.  We have multiple branches and then 1 primary cash account for all of them.  So 4 other branches are not having this problem.  Only the branch that contains the Fixed Assets.  (and we have a similar error in our AP for another branch) but that just popped up recently after this original post.  

We have a new Partner and have added this to our USE cases - just thought i would see if i could get a quick solution out here in the waiting….

Thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved