Question

Document Templates not working as expected with Manual Price flag on Sales Order

• 27 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I created a template for adding specific line items to a sales order. When the line items are added, I want the Manual Price flag to be unchecked. I marked the manual price flag as False in the template. However, when the template is applied, the manual price checkbox is marked as true. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @variuxdavid ,

I have tried the same. It works when the Manual Price checkbox is set to false and then changed to true. However, it does not work in reverse.

You can set the checkbox to false and save the template. It should work.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jinin It seems like your suggestion is what I was already doing. However, I tried again to validate. The Manual Price checkbox is ALWAYS true regardless of the values set in the template. I also tested the Free Item checkbox, and that one worked perfectly. It seems like this issue only affects the Manual Price checkbox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @variuxdavid ,

Yes, I have also checked with a few other fields, and they worked as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@variuxdavid  Yes, It is working for the FREE ITEM and MANUAL DISCOUNT fields but not working for the MANUAL PRICE field.

I recommend submitting a Acumatica support case to ensure that the Acumatica team can incorporate this fix into future builds

Userlevel 2
Badge

In case others run into this issue or have any details, here is some more information. I was able to reproduce this issue in the original enviroment:

Acumatica Cloud ERP 2022 R1
Build 22.114.0029 +

And then in a base demo install of:

Acumatica Cloud ERP 2022 R1
Build 22.116.0029

I also create a video and posted it for others to get a better idea of this issue.

Please let me know if anyone knows a work around for this. I’ll update this forum once I get any updates from Acumatica or otherwise. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@variuxdavid  Thanks a lot for creating the video on Youtube and raising the Acumatica support.

Please share the update with us as soon as you receive the solution from Acumatica.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @variuxdavid were you able to get a solution from Support? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett I can confirm that support responded. However, according to these two emails it is “not a bug” with the statement.

Development has reviewed the issue and was able to confirm that this is not a bug and expected system behavior that Manual Price will stay checked automatically. The order is expected to be copied as is and Manual Price checkbox will prevent Unit Price from being re-defaulted. 

See below:

I replied to the support agent today with the following

Thank you for the update. The true/false flag is clearly not working as expected. I am confused how this behavior is "expected behavior" when the template preferences are being overridden.

What is the proper way to get this escalated or reviewed as a bug?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello @variuxdavid 

While creating templates for adding line items to a sales order, it's important to understand that setting Manual Price to False just indicates that you want the system to automatically calculate the price based on the pricing setup, rather than manually entering it.

But if your system settings or configuration has been set up to always enable manual pricing by default on sales orders, then even if you set Manual Price to False in your template, it may still appear as True when you apply the template. This might be happening due to certain default settings or price classes that are set to manually adjust pricing.

I would suggest you to check your configuration and settings for any such defaults. If everything seems correct there, and you're still encountering this issue, it could be a bug. In such a case, it would be best to reach out to Acumatica support for further assistance.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved