Solved

Could not able to open purchase order when Project Specific Inventory is enabled.

• 22 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

What could be causing the error message shown in screenshot 1 when trying to create a bill related to a project with a task and an Inventory rate in the rate table? Additionally, why does enabling Project Specific Inventory result in an error message as shown in screenshot 2 when attempting to open the Purchase order screen, and what steps can be taken to resolve these issues?

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Then I activated the Project Specific Inventory

Now the Purchase Order is not opening.

I even processed the Recalculate Project Balances for all projects, still the Purchase order screen not opening.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 22 March 2023, 13:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ramuv9 

• First error seems to be due to the tracking mode selected, is ‘Track by location’ option checked on specific Project for Inventory tracking?
  • With regards to second question, refer to the documentation link below, here is an extracted section from following link:

“If you have enabled the Inventory and Order Management and Inventory features on the Enable/Disable Features (CS100000) form and are using the related functionality, you can use the enhanced integration of projects with inventory by enabling the Project-Specific Inventory feature. After enabling this feature, you must initialize the inventory balances by clicking Initialize Stock on the form toolbar of the Recalculate Project Balances (PM504000) form. This prepares the system to work with project-specific inventory.”

Here is the documentation link:

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(9))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=c88fde12-24c2-4b9b-af43-25854318d4f9

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Kumar, 

Answer to your first question is - Yes!! 
And I did Initialize stock - that solved the problem.

Your quick response helped me resolve the issue  I am now able to move forward with my work without any further hindrances.

Once again, I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to you for your prompt assistance, and I look forward to continued collaboration with you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ramuv9 

You are most welcome :)

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved