Solved

can't search in Sales Order Lines

Userlevel 5
Badge

Copyright © 2005-2022 Acumatica Inc. All rights reserved.
Acumatica Cloud ERP 22.110.0018
Build 22.110.0018 +

All, we can’t search by Sales Order Lines -- if we enter a string in the search field (magnifying glass), we simply get a spinning blue circle. Log out and log back in and it seems the main screen seems to hang and can take about 30 to draw/display.

Known bug? Something we can try to alleviate?

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 1 June 2023, 19:22

View original

11 replies

Badge +10

First stop, try holding the shift key and clicking the browser refresh button. This recaches the page and fixes weird stuff sometimes.

Next stop, when did this start happening? Has anything changed recently, like an upgrade, new customization, etc?

Userlevel 5
Badge

First stop, try holding the shift key and clicking the browser refresh button. This recaches the page and fixes weird stuff sometimes.

Next stop, when did this start happening? Has anything changed recently, like an upgrade, new customization, etc?

Sorry Daryl, should’ve mentioned in original post I tried the usual suspects, clearing cache, different browsers, etc.

When: unsure. I don’t work w/ sales orders and mostly do report designer/GIs. I just asked someone in Customer Service and they said about two years, lol!

I will ask our main dev who deals with our VAR. Currently the workaround in customer service is to use column filters. I just tested in Sales Orders and Purchase Orders and they both behave as expected… even a simple string that should return a lot of results only takes 2-3 seconds. Sales Order Lines will sit there for 45-60 seconds.

Badge +10

Is this on a custom generic inquiry, or what screen ID? Perhaps there is simply too many results. Could you try changing the GI to limit to the past year’s worth of orders or something?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Is this on a custom generic inquiry, or what screen ID? Perhaps there is simply too many results. Could you try changing the GI to limit to the past year’s worth of orders or something?

GIOZ3255

Sales Orders are about 21000 records and searches are almost instantaneous. Sales Order Lines are about 41000 and it hangs for close to a minute.

I duplicated the GI and changed the default display 100 records to 35 and it didn’t make a difference.

Looking in the results grid there are 56 columns, and 6 of the columns have VisibleExpr like

“=iif( [SOLine.RequestDate] < [SOShipLine.ShipDate] , 'Late' , 'On Time')”

So I’m not sure if the number of columns plus a handful of visibility expressions would cause it to crawl with 41000 records.

By comparison, Sales Order has 35 columns with no visibility expressions and half the records.

Badge +10

Try disabling those conditional value columns.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Try disabling those conditional value columns.

Will do. I also just noticed this:

Looks like I might need to re-do the relationships?

Badge +10

I doubt that's the issue, but you could disable that too.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I doubt that's the issue, but you could disable that too.

Yeah, those pop up occasionally but never noticed a negative impact.

Disabling the visibility conditions made an instant improvement. That’s not the solution I wanted because CS will not want to turn those off, lol. But at least I know. Thanks Daryl!

Badge +10

You could try doing conditional formatting instead. Keep the values as actual fields, but if an order is 'late', turn it red.

Userlevel 5
Badge

You could try doing conditional formatting instead. Keep the values as actual fields, but if an order is 'late', turn it red.

Ahhhh dude, that is a big brain moment. yes, hadn’t thought of that! I wish I could like your comment twice!

Badge +10

Haha, just an idea. If it works, I can't tell you why that's faster, cuz it seems like it would be doing all the same processing.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved