Solved

Can I ask for a little enhancement on "Orders to Apply" function of screen AR302000 (payments and applications)

• 21 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

In most cases, we apply payments to invoices. 

Just some times, we would like to mark the payment for Sales order before shipment. 

We want to use the “load orders” function under “Orders to Apply” tab to load orders of this customer all in once.

However, if this customer has had 1 “Cancelled” Sales order, this function will pop up errors.

I know at least 2 ways to work around:

1,just delete that cancelled Sales order

2,  select the selection date frame to skip that cancelled SO.

But both take extra and unnecessary efforts.

I truely and fully understand “canelled”, “voided” Sales order can not be applied to payment.

Can the system directly ignore/skip these documents when people do the “load orders” fucntion? 

icon

Best answer by vkumar 21 December 2020, 10:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ray20 

I have tested the issue on my 2020r2 20.205 build, test instance and ‘Load orders’ works fine when there is one cancelled order among other open orders.  Here are the screenshots: 

• Created two sales orders, cancelled one of them

• Create a new Payment for above customer, select ’Load order’
  • It loaded only one order and ignoring cancelled order

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello @vkumar 
Thank you very much for your time and the efforts to check.
I am using Build 20.203.0028.
And I just viewed the release note on Build 20.204 and Build 20.205, and I didn’t see the related enhancement description. 

So I am not sure whether it is already enhanced in the after builds of 20.203 or it is just a rare case happen on my end.
But I do see these pop up errors, and after I cleaned all cancanlled SO, these errors disappeared.

For stable reason,I can not simply update our version from 20.203 to 20.205 or even 20.206, because every new version may have risk, right?

I see only 1 only different on your screenshots, that, We are using “IN” type so not “SO” type sales order for this sepcific customer which we would like to mark payment before shipment.

If you don’t mind, can you also have a little try on IN type as a quick verification?

As a whole, you DO agree that the system should ignore the cancelled Sales order, right?
Thank you again.
Merry Christmas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ray20 

IN order type is not suitable if you prefer to prepare shipment and also receive prepayment at order stage. Its used when one wants to directly invoice after order creation (skip separate shipment process). I dont see it allow me receive a prepayment on IN order before its processed.

Are you able to prepare prepayment on IN order before its being invoiced?

Are there any changes made on Order type?

Also, are there any customization made on SO entry screen?

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@vkumar 
I centainly can load Sales order with “IN” type on payment screen like below:

And I don’t think we modified any thing on Sales Order Types screen.
We Do add some little customizaion on SO screen, but I don’t think it has anything to do with Payment.

Also, in my opionion, only IN type, which skipped the shipment (or which is treated as SHIP IN FULL) is suitable for this Orders to apply feature,
because if it is “SO” type, the shipment is uncertain, then the invoice amount is uncertain, it can be more ,it can be less.
So, we only do “orders to apply” with “IN” type So.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved