Solved

Business event only triggers when a single record is added

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have what I believe is a pretty simple business event. That rounds invoice lines for a specific customer for EDI purposes. However it only seems to trigger when a single line is added and fails to trigger when an invoice has more than 1 line on it. 

So basically it only triggers when a single record is inserted and doesn’t trigger when 2 or more are inserted.

Any ideas on why this fails?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ArunR22 1 May 2023, 20:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

You may need to all the key fields possible in the GI . And also change Raise Event to For Group of records and choose key field in Group Records By

Userlevel 3
Badge

Well I made all the changes you mentioned, It worked in my test environment. I’m not sure which change made it start working or if it needed all of the changes.

Either way, thank you very much for helping out!

Userlevel 1

Glad to know that it helped.

Actually we need both changes. If there are more than one record inserted

1. For Each record is selected in Raise Event, no business event will be triggered.
  2. For Group Records is selected and there are key fields missing in GI, then for one record the business event will be triggered.
  3. For Group Records is selected and there are necessary key fields are included in GI then for all the records business events will be triggered

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved