Question

Attributes and Notification

• 29 September 2022
  • 9 replies

We have a business event that creates an email notification. The business event is triggered when one of the two attributes is changed to a specific value (Per image below, when “File Status” is changed to “Account Approved”, the business event is triggered. The business event works fine without issue. 

However, we want the value of the other attribute (“Change Order?”)  to display in the email notification. That attribute only shows up when that value is changed at the same time the “file status” attribute value is changed. If the “change order” is changed and saved prior to the “file status” attribute being changed, the text is blank. It only shows up when the two attributes are changed at the same time. 

See screenshots below.

Here is the Notification Template where we insert the information (bold line is what is not consistently populating):

Estimate Details:

• Ref #: ((PMChangeOrder_RefNbr))
  • Client: ((PMChangeOrder_customerID_description))
  • Project ID: ((PMChangeOrder_projectID))
  • Change Order? ((PMChangeOrder_ESTTYPE_Attributes))
  • Project Description: ((PMChangeOrder_projectID_description))
  • Estimate/CO Description: ((PMChangeOrder_description))
  • Created by: ((PMChangeOrder_createdByID_description))
  • Account Lead: ((PMProject_approverID_description))

All the text displays correctly in the email, including the value of the attribute, when changed at the same time the other attribute is also changed. For example:

However, when the “Change Order” attribute is not changed, or changed and saved prior to the other attributed being “ approved” and therefore triggering the notification, the “Change Order” text does not show up.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @annetrockman27 Could you please share the Business events XML report here?

GI, Template and Business events - Please attached

Thanks

Is this what you mean?

The history shows all the records successfully sent, as they are sending, it is just missing the piece of data in the email were are looking .

Thanks for your assistance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Is this what you mean?

The history shows all the records successfully sent, as they are sending, it is just missing the piece of data in the email were are looking .

Thanks for your assistance!

Hi, Could you please share XML format of BE, and GI to check further.

You can configure BE 
“ Record change”-

Change order or File status ( Instead And)

Thanks

This is the HTML of the Notification Template. Is that what you mean? I don’t see a XML option for the BE.

<p class="richp">Hi Megan/Anne -&nbsp;</p><p class="richp"><br></p><p class="richp">Estimate Ref #<span data-field="yes">((PMChangeOrder_RefNbr))</span>&nbsp;was approved by&nbsp;<span data-field="yes">((PMChangeOrder_lastModifiedByID_description))</span>&nbsp;and is ready for upload.</p><p class="richp"><br></p><p class="richp">Estimate Details:</p><p class="richp"></p><ul><li>Ref #:&nbsp;<span data-field="yes">((PMChangeOrder_RefNbr))</span></li><li>Client:&nbsp;<span data-field="yes">((PMChangeOrder_customerID_description))</span></li><li>Project ID:&nbsp;<span data-field="yes">((PMChangeOrder_projectID))</span></li><li>Change Order?&nbsp;<span data-field="yes">((PMChangeOrder_ESTTYPE_Attributes))</span></li><li>Project Description:&nbsp;<span data-field="yes">((PMChangeOrder_projectID_description))</span></li><li>Estimate/CO Description:&nbsp;<span data-field="yes">((PMChangeOrder_description))</span></li><li>Created by:&nbsp;<span data-field="yes">((PMChangeOrder_createdByID_description))</span></li><li>Account Lead:&nbsp;<span data-field="yes">((PMProject_approverID_description))</span></li></ul><p class="richp"><span>See the ML Estimates + Change Orders screen for the approved estimate and to upload.</span><i><br></i></p><p class="richp"><i><br></i></p><p class="richp"><i>Note: This is an automated message from Acumatica</i></p><p class="richp"><i><br></i></p>

Ah, here is the XML file of the BE… had to ask someone for help on locating that…

Also attached is an Excel export of the GI Results Grid and screen shot of the Relations… which is pretty simple. 

Hi annetrockman27,

Did you find a solutions for this issue? I have the same exact issue. I have two attributes that I would like to add it to my email notification.

One of the two attributes triggers the business event. When the event gets triggered I expect both attributes to have a value and included in my email notification but only the one I changed has value and the other has none. 

Thank you,

Hi Matt, No I never found a solution.  If I do, I will let you know.

Thank You if I find a solution I will let you know too. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved