Solved

Attribute with selector/schema does not show you records to select

• 15 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello!

I created an attribute with control type Selector.  I want to be able to select an employee with this attribute.

I do have 1 employee.

I added this attribute to the production order type.

My expectation is that I can now select an employee on my production order.  However, I cannot.  The attribute behaves like it is control type TEXT.  I can type anything into the attribute value.  Also, there is no magnifying glass icon next to the value box to do a search.

Any thoughts?

THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP!!!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 15 November 2022, 19:51

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hi,

I had this problem before and it turns out, my Selector attribute worked only when added to the data entry screen as a User Defined Field (instead of attribute).  I don’t have Production Order Types screen… in this screen can you click Customization , Manage User-defined fields, add your field and see if magnifying glass lookup works now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks Laura!

Unfortunately, that is not an option.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Laura,

Acumatica support confirmed your thoughts.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

From support:

The attributes defined with selector type are available to add only when using through UDF functionality, which is unfortunately not available under this form.

https://help-2021r1.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=96dd287d-b37f-4f23-b401-b3122cf8a0a1

For attributes that need to be added to a class, selector will not be available.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved