Solved

Accounts Receivable Payment Application Error

• 19 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I am having issues with applying customer payments to invoices. When I either type in the customer invoice number I get the below error. 

Error: Unhandled exception has occurred, your changes have been rolled back: Error: An error occurred during processing of the field Reference Nbr.: Error: 'Reference Nbr.' cannot be found in the system.

I have attempted to use the magnifying glass to search as well, but nothing comes up. The document is open, for the same customer that the payment is being entered for, & I don’t show any other issues that would prevent the application. We have had issues since we upgraded with the “Auto-apply” function, & have been unable to find a fix. We use a work around for applying the payments. 

icon

Best answer by Carynb 10 November 2021, 00:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Did you find a resolution to this?

I have a case that appears to be the same.

I had to reach out to our consultant and have them remove a payment on the back end that appeared to have been voided or deleted after applied somehow. Once this was done I was able to apply the payment with no issues. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you. That gives me a direction.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved