Solved

Why is MRP not updating after issuing POs?

• 6 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

MRP is indicating to buy 5,000 units of 173L8100 STK with the following action and promise dates.

I have created two POs, one for 2,500 (promised on date of Jan 5, 2023) and another for 2,500 (promise date of Jan. 11, 2023).

I have regenerated MRP but those two lines remain on the MRP Display. Why do they remain? When should they disappear from MRP Display?

icon

Best answer by Hannah Barnes 6 January 2023, 20:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @jwarren ,

It depends on your MRP Preferences.
If the checkbox for ’Include On Hold Purchase Orders’ is selected, then the PO’s you’ve created, even if they are on Hold and not Open, should make those MRP Display lines disappear.
If the checkbox is not selected, then the MRP Display line should disappear once the Purchase Order is taken off hold and has status Open.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @jwarren ,

The MRP Display line should disappear once the Purchase Order is taken off hold and has status Open.

Thanks Hannah.

Any reason why they would remain despite both POs being ‘Open’?

Here is one of the POs

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thanks for the feedback @jwarren ,

Could you provide a screenshot for the Detail Inquiry screen for this item? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thank you!

The Detail Inquiry looks ok.

Now check your Grace Period on MRP Preferences.
On my local demo, if I change the Grace Period to 0, the MRP Display still shows the line item, even though I have an Open Purchase Order created.

Userlevel 5
Badge

MRP is indicating to buy 5,000 units of 173L8100 STK with the following action and promise dates.

I have created two POs, one for 2,500 (promised on date of Jan 5, 2023) and another for 2,500 (promise date of Jan. 11, 2023).

I have regenerated MRP but those two lines remain on the MRP Display. Why do they remain? When should they disappear from MRP Display?

I have grace period set to 90 in my MRP Preferences.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hmm :)

If you can, could you provide the following screenshots:

• Screenshots of the entire Detail Inquiry, from the 1st to the last line
  • Screenshot of MRP Preferences
  • Screenshots of Item Warehouse Details for 173L8100 STK / WHOLESALE - both the Replenishment tab and the Manufacturing tab

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hmm :)

If you can, could you provide the following screenshots:

• Screenshots of the entire Detail Inquiry, from the 1st to the last line
  • Screenshot of MRP Preferences
  • Screenshots of Item Warehouse Details for 173L8100 STK / WHOLESALE - both the Replenishment tab and the Manufacturing tab

We were able to use MRP Detail Inquiry to shed some light. MRP working fine - despite the POs outstanding right now, we were still dipping below the safety stock and hence why it was showing up on MRP Plan.

Thanks for the help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved