Skip to main content
Solved

Stock item that has multiple items that need to be scanned

• 22 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi,

Looking for a solution to the following. We have a stock item that has multiple components, each which has it’s own barcode. We want to be able to store the items in separate bin locations and sell them together. 

The closest I found is using non-stock kits. But run into below issues:

• if you add a non-stock kit to a purchase order, the purchase receipt doesn’t show the component parts
  • purchase receipt also doesn’t appear to allocate any costs at all to the products
  • can’t track quantity of non-stock kits
  • when a non-stock kit is on a sales order, the availability of the components still shows available until a shipment is made.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Mitchell

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@mitchellk Acumatica is working on the Non-Stock kit enhancements. Most of the things you pointed out here is supported. Are you interested to test it? Please check this link for more info about the enchancements https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om_N6y0iZfI&feature=youtu.be

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Mitchell @mitchellk ,

Karthik and i would like to meet you virtually for a OneonOne.  I visited you last year and saw your non-stock kits in the warehouse.  I would like to explore the PO scenario further with you.

Can i send you proposed date/times?

We’ll share with you an update on what we have been working on.

Dana

@Jeff96 I see that you liked this post - would you like to meet with us as well?

Userlevel 2

@Dana Moffat that would be great, I believe you have my email still if you want to send over some times. 

Best,

Mitchell

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @mitchellk , just sent you some proposed date/times.  

Hope to talk soon!

Dana

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mitchellk were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You may consider sub-reports to automatically expand kit components on printed orders.  

Hope this helps!