Solved

Splitting PO initiated from Sales Order between 2 vendors

• 1 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

When placing a purchase order initiated from a Sales Order, we are unable to split the order between 2 different vendors. Same issue if a PO was sent to 1 vendor and the vendor tells us he cannot fulfill the full order, we are unable to place the remaining qty to a different vendor

icon

Best answer by brettnothan9 13 July 2021, 22:09

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is the issue splitting a single line into multiple POs?  I believe Acumatica only allows a single PO per SO line.  You could split the quantity across multiple lines and link each one to a different PO.

Userlevel 2
Badge

We understand that there is one PO per SO line. However, when we get to the point of issuing a PO and realize we cannot order the full quantity of one specific item form the same vendor and make a 2nd PO with a different vendor for the remaining quantity of the same item, the 2nd PO does not create a new line for that item in the SO. The purchaser has to go back into the SO, change the quantity on the original line and then make a new line for the remaining quantity and then go back to recreate that 2nd PO. This is quite tedious, especially nowadays where there are more and more situations of one vendor not having enough stock. If we could copy and paste a whole line of an SO, that would help somewhat, but there is no way to do so.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Tagging @debramignola02 and @Doug Johnson so they can see an idea about improving the linked/drop ship order process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jvinski71 The workaround that you are following is correct, but I understand it is time consuming. The feature you are looking for can be customized to automatically create the new SO line and create the PO. But, this customization could be a decision based on the Volume of such manual work by the staffs.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

I seemed to be able to link 1 x Sales Order Line to 2 x PO Lines (same or different Vendor) utilizing the “PO LINK” button on the Sales Order form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @brettnothan9 Please provide the steps, so that we can review and apply the same

Userlevel 2
Badge

Create the 2nd PO (Same or different Vendor) - On the Sales Order Line hit the “PO Link” button.   Blank out the Vendor Filter and select the PO Line you wish to link and hit Save.  I believe only Open PO Lines that are not already associated to an existing Sales Order will be presented.

Brett

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @brettnothan9 Thanks for the screenshot explaining the solution. I was able to add multiple Purchase Order for the same Sales Order line that has “Mark for PO” selected. 

@jvinski71 Here are the steps followed from @brett

1. Create a Sales order. Mark the line for PO “Mark for PO” is selected
  2. Create 2 individual POs in the purchase Orders screen for the same item
  3. On the Sales Order → Click PO Link button to open the Purchasing Details popup
  4.  As shown in the below screenshot,
    1. Clear the Vendor
    2. Select the PO lines to be linked
    3. Click Save.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved