Solved

Safety Stock driven replenishment

• 8 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, I’m relatively new to Acumatica but far from new to ERP systems and implementations.

I have created an item number. That Item can exist at three warehouses. Those warehouses have replenishment relationships defined with each other. I have set safety stock, order multiples, etc. at each location. I have set an inventory level at the main picking warehouse that is significantly below the safety stock. 

At this point, I would expect replenishment activity to be suggested to transfer stock from the next warehouse in the chain. This does not happen.

I then increased the demand at the picking warehouse by adding a sales order, in case there was some requirement for a SO to trigger the replenishment. This also did not work.

Hopefully, I am missing something really straightforward.

Warehouses are PICK, BOX and OFF-SITE. What I want is for transfer orders to be suggested to bring stock in from BOX to PICK when there is SO demand or when safety stocks fall below the defined parameters. Likewise, OFF-SITE would transfer goods to BOX based on the parameters at that site. OFF-SITE will purchase based on its parameters.

I really appreicate any help that you can offer.

icon

Best answer by TShoaff 14 December 2021, 16:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Recently I was testing the same process.  What I found, by chance, was that the transfer suggestion shows up in the MRP exception, not the MRP display.  I wish I had more details on how it arrived there, but I too really expected it to show in the MRP display.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@amt02 , if we are talking about the Prepare Replenishment screen, you also need to to setup replenishment settings for stock item (where they are defualting to the item warehouse details level) to dictate the necessity of generate replenishment plans through transfer. See the https://help-2021r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=dd927d94-1ddf-4727-9839-da875aae94c6 (and referenced pages) for more details

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved