Solved

Require Prepayment to be captured to be marked as paid

• 27 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We set up a prepayment terms ID with the settings to require %100 prepayments for an order to be processed. 

When using integrated credit card processing for payments, such as Authrize.net, we find that the system will recognize transactions that have only been autrhorized (not captured) as paid and apply it towards the order.

See the screenshot of such a payment in the sales order.  

Is there a way to overwrite it and it should recognize it only when it’s captured?

Below is a screenshot of the terms set up.

icon

Best answer by NuwanTharanga62 27 December 2022, 19:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jeff96 

Please clarify

While using Integrated CC processing, CC payments which are authorize are considered as Amount Paid?

system will recognize authorized transactions- Please put few more details?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jeff96 

Please clarify

While using Integrated CC processing, CC payments which are authorize are considered as Amount Paid?

system will recognize authorized transactions- Please put few more details?

Thanks, modified the original post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jeff96 

This is standard behavior, I received below response from Acumatica last time 

Total Paid was the applied payments.. I don't think it has anything to do with capture or CC status.

Like if you create a check or cash payment and apply to SO, the Total Paid gets updated when you insert Applied to Order..

It means that the order is paid using applications.

The Released Amount is what I've understood to associate CC captures with because you cannot release without authorized, successful capture

Whether the CC tran is captured or not, if the payment is linked and applied to the SO, the Total Paid value will be updated.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Jeff96 

Total Paid was the applied payments.. I don't think it has anything to do with capture or CC status.

Like if you create a check or cash payment and apply to SO, the Total Paid gets updated when you insert Applied to Order..

The Released Amount is what I've understood to associate CC captures with because you cannot release without authorized, successful capture

Whether the CC tran is captured or not, if the payment is linked and applied to the SO, the Total Paid value will be updated.

Hi @Jeff96 @manikantad18 

Please below example which elaborate the above clarification 

Here's an example from my local sales demo using CC and non-CC payment methods. 

Notice even though CC authorization has failed, Total paid remains 1000 while Unpaid Balance remains $0 because still applied to SO.

Removed CC Application to SO , Total Paid value becomes 0 while Unapplied balance updated as 1000

Notice that the Check payment applied to SO still has Balanced status, so isn't even released. Despite that, the SO Total paid amount updated to 1000 and unapplied balance is 0  because the Payment is still applied to the order. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jeff96 

Hi @Jeff96 @manikantad18 

Notice even though CC authorization has failed, Total paid remains 1000 while Unpaid Balance remains $0 because still applied to SO.

Removed CC Application to SO , Total Paid value becomes 0 while Unapplied balance updated as 1000

Notice that the Check payment applied to SO still has Balanced status, so isn't even released. Despite that, the SO Total paid amount updated to 1000 and unapplied balance is 0  because the Payment is still applied to the order. 

Is there a way around that? If a CC payment fails to authorize, it shouldn’t apply the amount to the order.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Jeff96 

Hi @Jeff96 @manikantad18 

Is there a way around that? If a CC payment fails to authorize, it shouldn’t apply the amount to the order.

Hi @Jeff96  

Depending on SO status, you might be able to remove payment from within SO.

Otherwise, navigate to the payment which has failed CC transaction and remove application to SO or Invoice from within the payment. 

If you're looking for a process to block the ability to add a CC payment that hasn't been captured yet, they will need to explore customization. 

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved