Solved

Remove Unused Warehouses from stock item page

• 8 February 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

We have multiple warehouses, some of them are no longer in use. I made the warehouses inactive on IN204000, but the lines still show up on the warehouse tab of the stock items (IN202500). How do I make it so that these inactive warehouses are no longer showing up in the list on each item?

In the example screenshot both ‘SAN’ and ‘ONT’ warehouses are already listed as inactive, yet still appear on the list.

Thanks!

Edit: I am looking to do this for all of our inventory items as these warehouses are permanently deactivated. Doing them one at a time is simply not feasible. 

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 8 February 2022, 21:22

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You should be able to delete them on the Item Warehouse Details page(using the trash can icon) and the hyperlink in your screenshot should take you to that page.

Userlevel 3
Badge

You should be able to delete them on the Item Warehouse Details page(using the trash can icon) and the hyperlink in your screenshot should take you to that page.

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

That does appear to work; however, we have thousands of SKUs that would need this treatment. Surely Acumatica has a correct way to deal with this in bulk, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Here is the screenshot for what @markusray17 referenced:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 , yes thank you I did that and it works, but I am looking for a solution for all of the inventory IDs in our system, there has to be a bulk way to do this.

Thank you for the help

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If you need to do that in bulk you would want to use import scenarios, that can get a bit technical as you would need to create a GI for all the item warehouse details to use as a data source. The actual import scenario itself would be pretty simple though and you would just need to filter for Inactive warehouses. If you have someone experienced with GIs and Import Scenarios it would be a pretty quick job. 

As far as I am aware there isn’t any prebuilt functionality to bulk update Item Warehouse Details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@caseyh35  Have you tried an import scenario to delete them?

You would need to use something along these lines to delete. (This is an example)

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kbeatty21 @markusray17 

That’s too bad, anyways thank you both for the help I really appreciate it. I will see if I can figure out how make an import scenario work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@caseyh35 Here is another way that you can take a look into it is by creating the simple GI for Item Ware House details and enable the “Enable Mass Record Deletion” which will allow you to delete the records from the GI itself (see screenshot). 

Attached the sample GI that you can import it and do a quick test.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Vinay K 

Thank you for the help. I received an error when trying the xml, but this should be a better way of doing it. I will have someone more knowledgeable than myself build a GI for it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@caseyh35 Sorry about that. I think it is due to the Version difference, the GI that I have attached here from 21R1. 
If you want to Create the Same GI, follow the below screenshots. 

Hope this will make you move forward quickly. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Vinay K 

Thank you Vinay, I was able to build the inquiry (had to tweak it a bit since the status is not inactive), but when I go to test deleting a record I receive the error: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” Any idea how to fix that? 

Here is our build info if that helps: Build 21.113.0011.

Thanks a lot, sorry to trouble you further about this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@caseyh35  No problem, please share the GI here, would like to take a look. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Vinay K Here you are sir. What I changed was the conditions, I set it to only show results for the two warehouses which I wish to remove the warehouse details for.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@caseyh35 I just verified your GI and it looks good.

• Is there any customization involved in the Item Warehouse Details screen or in the Inventory screen?
  • Please try to delete the records directly from the screen and check if you are getting the same issue.
  • usually, object reference issue occurs if system tries to assign a values to null object.  
Userlevel 3
Badge

@Vinay K I am able to delete them from the Item Warehouse Details screen (IN204500) without issue. That said, I cannot click on the hyper links in the GI, they give me an error: “An unhandled exception has occurred in the function 'MoveNext'. Please see the trace log for more details.”

We do have several customizations installed, so perhaps there is some interference. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@caseyh35  Yes that could be with an issue with some customization. I could be able to delete the records and click the hyper links without issues.

Try with unpublishing all the customizations from the instance and verify. If it works then their should be an issue with one of customizations or with unfilled Data. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved