Solved

Remove In-Process Wave Picking Worksheet

• 14 December 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

If I have a wave pick worksheet with a set of shipments and a few of them are already done. How do I cancel the remainder of the worksheet?

Below is a shot of the worksheet I’m trying to remove/cancel.

Thank you everyone!

icon

Best answer by ddickerson 20 March 2023, 14:39

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Michael Hansen 

Users can remove the rest of the shipments on the pick list by going to the individual Shipments and selecting ‘Remove from Worksheet’.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you Hannah! Is there any way to do this in bulk by chance? Some of these are pretty long lists. I was naively hoping this function would exist in Process Shipments.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hannah, I am unable to remove the shipments as you had mentioned. The option is greyed out in the shipments. Regardless of their hold status, this does not seem possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Michael Hansen  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

No, my only recourse was to “finish” every shipment, then back them all out. If someone knows a way to fix this, I’d love to hear it. This was a good bit of lost time for the ops team.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Acumatica won’t let you remove shipments from a worksheet unless the worksheeet has been confirmed.

There are two things to do to short confirm a worksheet, in “Sales Order Preferences” under Warehouse Management and Fulfillment Settings, change Short Shipment Confirmation to “Allow with Warning.”

Then, On the “Pick, Pack, and Ship” page for desktop or the “Pick” page for mobile, you can use “Confirm Line Quantity” for the items you can’t pick, and when you “Confirm Pick List” it will only confirm the orders you have picked things for. It will ask you if you are sure you want to short confirm the worksheet. 

After that, you can remove the other orders from the worksheet. My warehouse runs into this sometimes and I’ve found it is the easier way to handle it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ddickerson what would be the ideal way that you would want to handle this scenario?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@ddickerson - So the only method is to parse through every shipment on the pick list? This is the issue I’m trying to avoid.

What if you sent one out for 100 shipments? 1,000 shipments? The system is supposed to be scale-able. Going through all 100 of the shipments because you accidentally added one or two bad shipments seems like quite an undertaking. This solution is great for a small 5 order batch, but this isn’t really scale-able unless I’m not understanding the process properly. I feel like there needs to be a process that takes the picking worksheet and does exactly as you are saying without needing human interaction.

Unless I’m missing an easy fix, I have my fingers crossed for this to happen in a later update. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Michael Hansen We usually break our shipments down into waves/batches of about 24 shipments at a time. 

Acumatica doesn’t really have a great way of handling shipments on waves or batches that have some kind of error. After the fix I showed, you could build a separate GI that shows only the leftover open shipments and use a mass action to remove them all from worksheets and delete them if need be. Would save you from going through each one individually.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Michael Hansen were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

I added a solution to the topic from @ddickerson. Not my favorite solution, but it’s what we have lol.

@ddickerson what would be the ideal way that you would want to handle this scenario?

@Dana Moffat ...for our use case, we’d ideally like to be able to go in to the Worksheet, select a shipment that has not been picked, and remove the shipment from that worksheet without affecting the other shipments on the worksheet.  We often process 1,000+ orders at a time during our busy season.  if we have a problem with one order/shipment out of the 1,000, we don’t want to have to delete an entire worksheet to remove that one shipment.  Thanks.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved