Question

Remittance Advice for ACH Prepayments

• 26 January 2024
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

ACH payments are our primary means of remittance.  Our ACH payments are accompanied by an emailed Remittance Advice (triggered by a Business Event).  This has worked without issue for the two years we have been on Acumatica.  For the same amount of time we have been trying to get Acumatica to email a Remittance Advice when making an ACH payment for a Prepayment (out of Purchase Order). 

At first we tried making Active a stock Business Event, “Email Vendor ACH Prepay Advice,” which did not work.  We have subsequently tried numerous modifications.  Requests for Vendor Prepayments are fairly infrequent.  Sometimes weeks pass between a failed attempt, a modification and the occasion to try again. 

At any rate, here is what has most recently failed:

Anyone have the magic combination to cause Acumatica to email a Remittance Advice for an ACH Prepayment?

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @TSIJeff - I noticed a couple things you could check:

1. I would assume Prepayment hasn’t been applied to a document yet, if it’s being created from a PO. In that case, it would have the status of Open, not Closed. 
  2. I think you want New Field Value for the second row, like the others. 
  3. Double check payment method. Are you using FEDWIREBA or FEDWIRE?

If trying/checking the above doesn’t work, please attach an XML export of your business event. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Excellent suggestions.  I have yet to wrap my head around the logic - what’s there is a guess.  I’ll give your suggestions a try.

The payment method is a misnomer I don’t particularly care for, but it was how it was set up. FEDWIREBA and FEDWIRE are parlance for ACH (which is most assuredly not a wire transfer); the BA addition merely notes a Balanced NACHA file, required by our bank.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@TSIJeff Sounds good, give 1 and 2 a try and let me know

Userlevel 3
Badge

Finally had occasion to process another ACH Prepayment - no email.  I went to the Business Event History to look for a failure and the result was “No records found.”

Open for suggestions.  Really, really seems like this would be something addressed out of the box by Acumatica.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@TSIJeff I can look at this further if you export your business event as an XML and attach the file in a comment. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for the offer.  Attached. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Okay, I got it to trigger and create an email. But there are 3 things I changed, which you should check:

1. Check conditions on your business event. For line 2, you need to select the payment method you’re using (see below where I selected ACH). If you’re not going to limit to certain payment types, just remove that row. For line 3, verify whether status should be open or closed. If you’re applying these prepayments to documents, status when released will be closed. If not applying, verify prepayment is released and in Open status. 

1. Make sure Vendor’s remit email address is populated:

1. Make sure you have a From email on your email template. Must select one from your Email Accounts. If you don’t have any set up it won’t work. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for reviewing this.  I can confirm the Value 1 payment type is correct (FEDWIREBA) - use of this payment type is the only instance where we would need the Remittance Advice to go out.  The Status should be Open as, at the time of the Event there is not yet a document to which the payment is applied.

I can confirm the Vendor email addresses are populated.

I can also confirm the From address is populated as this is the same Template used for our normal ACH operations (and that works without issue).  Perhaps that is the issue (dual use of the same Template):

Could the problem be that some of these fields are not the same in a Prepayment, causing the system to abort?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Sorry, I now realize it removed payment method and From address when I imported, since neither of those values exist in my test environment. 

You could try with a new separate template. Beyond that, I would suggest reaching out to your Acumatica support provider, as it’s difficult for me to troubleshoot further without access to your site. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I really appreciate your willingness to help.  I have indeed reached out to our VAR.  They’re stumped, too.  I will continue to experiment.  Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@TSIJeff  I have had success creating multiple ACH Payment Notification Business Events by  starting with a GI of Payments with condition for status closed and payment method ACH. Then the Business Events is set to trigger on a new record on the GI.  An alternative method to try.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @TSIJeff were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved