Skip to main content

When using the Receive and Put Away screen is it possible that when you scan a barcode of an item it will default to the qty on the PO. Then if the order was not filled the user could set the qty to actual received. I feel that it's an extra step to set the qty every time or scan each barcode. It would be nice if this was a setting that could be turned on or off. 

Hello,

There is one setting in PO Preferences that may help. What default is selected for Default Receipt Quantity?  (The Help isn’t clear; I hope this setting is for Receive and Put Away screen as well as Purchase Receipts screen.)

Laura

Hi @maxfburgesscacia I would also try this setting:

Hi @Laura02 and @estebanperalta54 

Thanks for pointing out those settings. I have tried both of those on and off. I believe Laura that setting does not affect the barcoding WMS system. Esteban I think that setting means that it when you set the qty it will use that value for all subsequent lines. 

This is what I am starting with. It is asking for me to scan the barcode and I have not received any yet and the remaining qty is 50. 

When I scan the item I get this

I would then next scan this item again to add more or I can set the qty to 50. 

It would be nice to have a setting much like the setting Laura pointed out for the receive and put away screen. I understand they ideally would want you to scan each item you receive and that is how the system was set up, but it is an extra step that would be nice to avoid if possible. 

Max