Question

Purchasing - skip the Requisition step

• 10 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

We have a client who wants to review GL account / subaccount budgets while creating purchase orders. They are PO's for GL accounts only - so no inventory involved. We have looked at using the Request / Requisition / Order process with them as the budgets are viewable in the Request stage.

Is there a way of skipping the Requisition stage to simplify the process? All the required info is in the Request and it would be much easier for the users to move directly to the order step.

Alternatively, is there a way of seeing GL budget info in the Purchase Order screen directly?

Thanks
Kevin

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @KevinLong ,

I have one idea. Could you create a generic inquiry showing a range of accounts, choice of Period, and show account, subaccount, budget ledger vs. actual ledger balance in the columns?  Then expose the generic inquiry in the Right Panel in the Purchase Order screen. 

Laura

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply @Laura02. I had wondered about doing something similar.

I’ve just had a bit of a play and ideally what I would want is an inquiry that restricts the budget inquiry to only the GL account and subaccount combinations that have been entered on the PO.

From what I can see, the Side Panels can only be linked to the PO List screen and not the PO itself. This means that the navigation link can only be to PO Header fields and not to PO Lines fields.

Also I noticed that the PO only has a date and no Financial Period so linking to the GLHistory table would be difficult as well (unless there is a function that converts a date to a financial period).

Thanks again for the reply
Kevin

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @KevinLong were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

I have a customer with the same scenario. I wants to see the GL budget at the PO level so the approver has a visibility at the moment of approval.

This is very common in most purchasing software for companies without inventory.

IS this a feature that Acumatica can add É

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved