Question

Prepayment/Payment Applied to Sales Order and Customer's Terms includes a % discount when they pay within the terms, the Cash Discount does not get applied to the Invoice

• 22 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello

I ran into an issue that the Cash Discount does not automatically apply to an SO Invoice nor to AR Invoice if a prepayment or payment is applied to Sales Orders. We don’t have an issue with customer’s terms and cash discounts when applying a payment “on time”- Cash Discount is calculated and applied, AR Invoice is closed, everything OK there. 

Example # 1- non issue:

I can either start a new Payment and Application transaction or pay from Invoice itself.  Payment from client is taking the discount, it falls within the days where they get a discount. Acumatica comes up in Cash Discount Taken column calculating the amount correctly. I release payment, it closes AR Invoice. we are done. 

Example #2- ISSUE

In this case I have a Sales Order that I have applied a prepayment for the amount minus 2% discount to the order. The Customer’s terms is 2% Discount Prepay- which means if they prepay, they will get 2% discount at time of invoicing.

Customer has a $6000.00 prepayment

Sales Order for $1521.00

Prepayment Applied in Payments Tab is for $1490.58

The prepayment Amount has been satisfied:

When I create shipment and then my SO Invoice, I get my Cash Discount Amount correctly on the invoice:

After releasing my SO Invoice, and I go to my AR Invoice- it still shows OPEN, with a balance of $30.42, which is the 2% Cash Discount. I can see my application, but not my Cash Discount Taken like in the example above.

I tried a few times, trying to get to the Cash Discount Taken before reaching the end, no luck. I also tried checking and unchecking different Customer, Terms and Preferences setup, no luck.

Am I missing something in the process? 

I’ll appreciate any kind of guidance, workaround and help on this matter. 

Acumatica version is 2021R1 (B 21.106.0024)

Thank you

Wileyska

5 replies

***UPDATE*** I opened Case #239825 back in May 9th 2022. It was then escalated to L2- pending resolution as of 7/26/22

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

Check on Customer financial tab Auto-Apply Payment tick or not.

thanks

Hi, @dwijebandara26 

Tried it both ways, tick and no tick. Still same result. 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @willie98 have you been able to find a resolution? Thank you!

Hi, nothing yet.

My customer find a way around it, but asks once in a while if this is something Acumatica will handle.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved