Solved

On sales order, selecting certain items the Mark for PO check defaults to Checked (TRUE0

• 6 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day,

When a user enters a sales order and selects some stock items, the Marked of PO check is defaulted to check.  The scenario did not occur for all items; not verified. 

I tested a few; see below.  It this setting?  Or something I can turn off.  I causes order processing confusion and errors; also you can create a shipment without unchecking the box.  (We do Dropships and Direct Import orders that do require a purchase order to be generated.

Thank you for your assistance.

@EvanG 

icon

Best answer by Keith Richardson 9 August 2023, 22:51

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @EvanG 

Are you using Manufacturing in the instance? If so, what are the settings on those items? Dflt Mark For and Source for Planning?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @EvanG 

Mark for PO based on the configuration done in the stock Items> Manufacture tab.

Please help with documents for information HTTPS://www.acumatica.com/cloud-erp-software/manufacturing-management/material-requirements-planning-mrp/

Userlevel 5
Badge

@manikantad18 @kandybeatty49 

Thank you for your responses.  We do not using Manufacturing.  

I appreciate your suggestions.   Any other ideas?

@EvanG 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @EvanG 

Are you using Replenishment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @EvanG 

Are you using Replenishment?

Seems to be he is using replenishment

@EvanG if that is the case see the process flow 

Here is an example on how the process works: 
https://help.acumatica.com/(W(7))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=2586133f-c4e3-4121-b51b-10d5c6ca5e42

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I believe item warehouse details may drive this - 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good,  Thank you everyone for you suggest;  we are not Replenishment Source.  I hoping to implement the Replenishment source feature soon as part of demand planning process/add-in.

In fact we don’t have lead times, stock levels, etc.. set-up.  The weird aspect of this issue is that it does not happen on all items.

I checked everything I could think of related to this issue; order types, item classes, item preferences, availability classes, etc.  

Any more suggestions?  Could this be Acumatica bug?  We are using 2022R1.

Thank you again.

@EvanG 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @EvanG were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I ran through and found the event handler for SOLine POCreate’s FieldDefaulting, and reproduced the logic.

First, if you have Drop Shipments enabled in the Enable/Disable features, and the replenishment source of the item as Drop-Shipment, it will default to true.

Second, if you have  Sales Order to Purchase Order Link enabled, and have the replenishment source of the item as Purchase to Order, it will default to true.

Note: Purchase to Order is different than Purchase.

These could be listed under:

• Stock Item - Replenishment Tab - Repl. Class
  • Stock Item - Warehouses (edit) - Replenishment - Replenishment class OR overridden Replenishment Source 
  • Item class of the Item (edit) - Replenishment Class - Replenishment Class ID

I hope this helps track it down!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved