Question

Numeric Attribute

• 6 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I created a few attributes to enter numeric values, the control type is “Text”, when I add these fields to a GI I would like the header filters to have the numeric filtering options such as greater than or less than, ETC. however I only have now the text options such as begins with.

is there anyway Acumatica should treat these fields as numeric values instead of text?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Pinny  Have you tried with CInt(FieldName) function and convert that field from TEXT type to  Int in the GI → Result GRID → Data Field column for the respective field?

@Naveen Boga 

once I try to expose the attribute field with a formula I’m getting an error that the attribute field in only a virtual field, I used the attribute field directly from the the inventory item data class, do I have to expose it from a different table? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Pinny  Understood. In this case, please select any Decimal/Int field in the Schema field, so that the system will consider this as a Decimal/Int field. 

@Naveen Boga 

I entered a “Decimal” field in the Schema field and worked fine, however when I try to filter my data with the header filters I’m getting an error saying “Object must be of type Decimal” and it doesn't filter the data.

Note, My data is decimal numbers

Please let me know if any solution to get this accomplished, Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Pinny  I have verified in my GI and am able to filter the data successfully.

Can you please share your XML format of GI here?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved