Solved

Negative Unit Price on Sales Order no longer allowed?

• 6 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We are currently in the process of upgrading our Acumatica instance from 22.120.0019 to 23.109.0023.

During the testing of our API integration, we have noticed that we are no longer able to push through a Sales Order that has a negative value in the Unit Price field, and we are presented with the following error:

Incorrect value. The value to be entered must be greater than or equal to 0.

I tried to capture a SO manually, to check if the same issue exists, and indeed it does:

If I attempt to save the SO, it changes the value to 0.00

Question:

Is this ability now completely removed, or is there a configuration setting relating to this that I can change to allow the negative value?

PS. I searched through the release notes for 22R2 & 23R1, but I couldn’t find something specific to this.

icon

Best answer by SheriThomas49 6 September 2023, 16:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

We have just had a customer that was upgraded report the same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The new MO (Mixed Order) order type will allow for this condition, I believe this is the cause of the issue you are experiencing using the SO order type. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

There were some changes made with SO lines functionality in 23R1 version.

On the Details tab of the SO301000 form:

If in sales order line Qty. field is positive this is not allowed to set line Unit Price or Ext.Price field as negative and gives error message: " The value cannot be less than zero."

If in sales order line Qty. field is negative  this is not allowed to set line Ext.Price field as positive, give error message: " The value cannot be greater than zero."

This was changed to avoid confusion with Unit Price and Ext.Price because it should correspond to the line quantity. 

To be able to support same workflow as customer had before in 22r2 there are 2 ways:

1. Uncheck Require Shipment for an item:

And put negative qty and Ext Cost

2. Leave Require Shipment as is:

And Qty = 0 and Ext Price negative

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

To add to Sheri’s Best Answer, below is further information for users.

Notes about the options:

Option 1 is the only option for most of these cases, because it is the only option where the Non-Stock Discount Item is carried through to the Invoice.

However, customers can face the following limitation when using Option 1:

1. Non-stock item does not appear on the Shipment.
    1. Because a Shipment report does not put 0.00 or negative lines on the Shipment report.
        • Before, they were using positive quantities for these lines, so they WERE on the Shipment report.
    1. How do they resolve this?
        • Shipment report can be customized.
        • Use the Sales Order report instead, since it already includes all lines.
    1. Why can’t they use Option 2 and select the Require Shipment flag? 
      • Because in Option 2, the line does not appear on the Invoice, which they need.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I would like to meet with commenters on this post please.

Dana

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved