Solved

Managing User Profile printers

• 24 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a built in way to manage the Printers associated to User Profiles that doesn’t require the user themselves to do it?

We have 7 shipping lanes with two printers each.  One is for the Shipping Label and one is for the Shipment Confirmation (i.e. packing slip.)  A warehouse employee may be assigned to different lanes (i.e. printers) day to day.  It seems like I need to log in as each user, change their default printer (for the labels) and change the printer associated to the Shipment Confirmation in order to move them around.

I created a GI against User / UserPreferences / NotificationSetupUserOverride, but I’m not able update the specific Printer fields.

It looks like I’m going to need to write a customization to manage this in a scalable way, but before I went down that road, wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas.

Thanks-

Jacob.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 25 August 2022, 20:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Jacob 

Here is the help on DeviceHub and specifying default printers. You could start here:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=295434fc-f977-4855-afcc-7a8d617af1ad

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kbeatty21

Yeah, that’s what isn’t a good or scalable solution for us.  You can’t edit your User Profile on the Mobile App and an admin can’t edit someone else’s User Profile without logging in as them.  Further, those fields aren’t available to edit on a GI.

So, if I need warehouse user Bob to pack on a different lane today:

1. He needs to go to a workstation and log in
  2. Edit his user profile
  3. Change his default printer
  4. Change the printer on any specific reports (e.g. Shipment Confirm)

Or, an Admin needs to log in as Bob and do that for him.

I have 22 warehouse employees in 2 locations and 7 shipping lanes with two printers on each.  Not a sustainable solution.

Thanks-

Jacob.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Jacob 

Unfortunately this is a system limitation. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I created an ideas post on this matter. Votes don’t hurt 😉.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved