Solved

Landed Cost paid before PO Receipt

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have a situation where landed cost needs to be applied before PO Receipt and landed cost is paid before receipt. Landed Cost Vendor is different from the PO Vendor. Landed Cost paid is to be linked to the PO. Acumatica does not allow Landed Cost creation before PO receipt. Has anybody got an workaround?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 9 May 2023, 00:28

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @umeshramaswamy82 

It doesn’t appear out of the box you can attach landed cost to just a PO, it has to have a PO receipt. The receipt also has to be released. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@kandybeatty49 Yes, I know that as I mentioned in my question above. That’s why I am looking for a workaround but looks like this has to be a customization. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 Yes, I know that as I mentioned in my question above. That’s why I am looking for a workaround but looks like this has to be a customization. 

Correct, I even tried to just put in a landed cost and you can not do that either. 

Badge +18

Hello @umeshramaswamy82 ,

We can prepay Landed Cost and then connect the Prepayment to the AP Bill for Landed cost at a later time.

Prepayment of Landed Cost: Payables → Checks & Payments

1. Pay Landed Cost Vendor as usual.
  2. Open Payables --> Checks & Payments and select Type = Prepayment
  3. Enter the Reference number for the Online Payment made in step 1.
  4. Select the Vendor for the PO being paid.
  5. Enter Payment Amount.
  6. Save and Release the Prepayment.
  7. Prepayments for Landed Costs credit Cash and debit the Prepaid Account listed on GL Accounts tab of the Vendor.  

Later, Receive the Goods.  Enter the Landed Costs. As Landed Costs are released, the Landed Costs tab of Purchase Receipts is updated with Inventory Adjustment batch numbers and (if Create Bill was selected ON above) AP Bill Reference Numbers.

If the Landed Cost vendor has open Prepayments in Acumatica, they appear on the Applications tab of the Landed Cost AP Bill. Before releasing the Landed Cost AP Bill, ceonnect the Prepayment to the bill by entering the Payment amount of the matching Prepayment on the Bill’s Applications tab.  Remove Bill from Hold and release.

Using these steps, the vendor is prepaid for the Landed Cost and the Landed Costs update the inventory appropriately, the same as when Landed Costs are not prepaid. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks  @Laura02 for your reply.

However the above process does not work due to the following reasons -

1. Landed cost Vendor is different than the PO Vendor
  2. Pre-payment is paid in full for the Landed Cost Vendor before receipt of PO items
  3. There is no link or reference to the PO # for the Landed Cost paid as Pre-Payment
  4. Since Landed Cost is paid in full there is not another Landed Cost to be entered upon PO Receipt.

Process works if the Landed cost Vendor and PO Vendor are the same or if different, it works if Landed cost is applied at the time of PO Receipt for a different Vendor.

Let me know your thoughts or if I am missing something.

Regards,

Umesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Have you tried creating an In-Transit Warehouse (that is non-nettable) where you can receive the materials into?  Once the product arrives, the warehouse receiving personnel would then perform a transfer rather than a PO receipt.  This would allow you to process your landed cost prior to the physical receipt. Have you tested not releasing the PO receipt and applying the Landed cost?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@ericwolfe74 thanks for responding.

You cannot add a PO receipt which is not released to a landed cost. It only accepts “Released” receipts.

Nettable or Non Nettable applies if you are using Manufacturing module. Client is not using manufacturing. Either way you cannot bypass PO receipts.

Regards,

Badge +18

Thanks  @Laura02 for your reply.

However the above process does not work due to the following reasons -

1. Landed cost Vendor is different than the PO Vendor
  2. Pre-payment is paid in full for the Landed Cost Vendor before receipt of PO items
  3. There is no link or reference to the PO # for the Landed Cost paid as Pre-Payment
  4. Since Landed Cost is paid in full there is not another Landed Cost to be entered upon PO Receipt.

Process works if the Landed cost Vendor and PO Vendor are the same or if different, it works if Landed cost is applied at the time of PO Receipt for a different Vendor.

Let me know your thoughts or if I am missing something.

Regards,

Umesh

Hello Umesh,

I think the process will work even when Landed Cost Vendor is different from PO Vendor and when Landed Cost is paid in full before Receipt of items.

1. Enter Prepayment in AP Checks & Payments screen to Vendor 2, the Landed Cost vendor (no Bill, no Landed Cost yet).
  2. Later, after goods are received, enter a Landed Cost transaction to Vendor 2. Connect the Landed Cost transaction for Vendor 2 to the original PO for vendor 1.
  3. From Landed Cost transaction created in step 2, Create Bill for Vendor 2. Don’t release it yet!  See #4...
  4. On the Bill created for Landed Cost vendor in previous step 3 ^, go to the Applications tab of the Landed Cost Bill. Connect the Prepayment you made in step 1 to the Bill you made in step 3 by entering the Payment amount for the prepayment on the Bill’s Applications tab.  Remove Bill from Hold and release.

Prepayment is now connected to the Landed Cost and the Landed Cost is connected to the PO Receipt.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Laura02 Thank you for your response.

Looks like this approach will work. I will do some testing and update you.

Regards,

Umesh

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Laura02 , Sorry for the delay. Yes, this approach worked for me. Thank you.

Umesh

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved