Solved

Issue Item Without using Reason Code

• 10 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have Items pertaining to Different Item Class which i need to use diff GL account while Issuing  Item . There is Already an Issue REASON CODE thats is getting used default whenever i make an Issue  . How to stop using reason Code and use COGS Account  from Posting class while Issuing the Item 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 6 March 2024, 11:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jvarughese23 - What I recommend is shutting off the “Automatically Release In Documents” in Sales Orders Preferences.  This will allow you to review the inventory issue batch and make the necessary changes to the reason code.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there any way around other than doing this , for each transaction to go and update gl account is not possible all the time .. I have seen  The Issue and receipts Working without using  reason Codes in  other  instances though Reason code has been defined , however am not clear  how    we can restrict  using or update reason code while releasing  the document 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jvarughese23 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Chris Hackett  Not yet :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jvarughese23 There is no good solution here its the way it is designed. Only other option is to create a Reason (issue) code per posting class and ensure users pick the correct one when raising the issue.

Hi, does anyone know if there is a plugin/customisation available for this:

Currently the default issue/return reason code is set in “Inventory Preferences”. 
If they can change it so that the default reason code is set in the“Posting Class” it would be much better and eliminate a lot of manual work and opportunity for mistakes.

Badge +18

I have created a new Idea; please vote.

Thank you,

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved