Skip to main content

We are having an issue with our 3-way match.

1. Issue PO - ok
  2. Goods received - ok
  3. Invoice received, but cost/quantity does not match PO for some reason

I’ve read that we’re supposed to do a return transaction and then re-receive, but we often can’t do the return transaction, because doing so will throw us negative (and the system kicks an error that won’t let us proceed….we actually have negative inventory enabled).

What is the best way to proceed in this case?

I wouldn’t have thought that returning the original PR in full and then recording a new one for the invoice quantity is the best solution as this will mess your cost layers.

It would help to understand for your situation, why is the PR to invoice qty different?

I think this is intended to work as;

• if your invoice qty is short (PR qty 10, invoice qty 9), the unbilled unit will sit in your purchase accrual - which you would then review periodically. If then the actual received quantity is 9, then the responsible staff should complete a return for 1 unit. You then find yourself in this happy part of the workflow /s, where netting a receipt and a return is a HUGE PAIN. (be sure to give this one an upvote 
  • If your invoice qty is over (PR qty 10, invoice qty 15), I think you would want a prevent control to not over pay for the 5 units which your receiving operation didn’t sign-off on. If through investigation they agree that the correct qty was 15, then they would do an additional PR for 5 units. Then depending on the PO qty this may throw an over receipt condition on the PO (which you would already have a process for).

If you’re finding that your PR to invoice differences are from the users responsible for purchase receipt not being the best at data entry, I have found that on screen PO101000 - “Purchase Order Preferences” you set the Default Receipt Quantity] to - “Zero” then the actively have to enter a value, rather than clicking through fast. You could also require control totals on Receipts (where they’d have to enter the total qty on a receipt in a field that matches the detail lines)

Options at the bottom of “Purchase Order Preferences”

Option for control totals, also on “Purchase Order Preferences”

Hope this helps

This is helpful - I will dig into what you’ve provided - thank you @chrisgold 😀

The specific instance this time is:

We purchased 1000 @ $4.19/ea. We agreed to receive an overage, but in doing so, this dropped out piece price. So, what we actually received was 2000 @4.11/ea. We didn’t catch the price decrease (shame on us) until the invoice hit, and the receipt was already completed.

“ We purchased 1000 @ $4.19/ea. We agreed to receive an overage, but in doing so, this dropped out piece price. So, what we actually received was 2000 @4.11/ea. We didn’t catch the price decrease (shame on us) until the invoice hit, and the receipt was already completed. “

I think I’m stuck with the HUGE PAIN that @chrisgold referred to in his first post. Bummer. Hopefully Acumatica figures out a more elegant solution in the future. If anyone has any other ideas, I’d love to hear them!